Balloon Ram?

Loren

Well, RIP sweet Balloon Puffers. The last two have gone on to their great reward. One was floating this morning and the other looked to be right behind him, so I took care of bidness.

I know the rest of the tank peeps were squealing, "Thank God! Now maybe that biotch will turn the HEAT DOWN in here!"

And so I did. No more 80 degree fish.
So sorry for your loss.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Sorry to hear that you lost all of the rams. Poor things. :(

Thanks Betty. I am officially "over" RAMS of any kind now. I must concede to failure on that front. It's OK. I manage to keep lots of other things alive and thriving. LOL

Mike16T

Oh Mike that is so far above my pay grade around here.....no way I could manage that.
o_O.... You can make a DIY tumbler for almost no cost if you have the equipment.. Tumbler made from plastic water bottle.. YouTube it.. =P

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
o_O.... You can make a DIY tumbler for almost no cost if you have the equipment.. Tumbler made from plastic water bottle.. YouTube it.. =P

OH MY. You are so much more resourceful than I am , Mike. I dunno that I have a place to raise Congo Tetras anyway. I watch LR Bretz do is tetra raising --- it's a lotta work.

Betty

Staff member
Vicki, I'm not handy at all, but even I made a tumbler when I was saving and raising African cichlid fry. I had one spit out a bunch of eggs so I had to scramble to come up with something. A sponge filter and some netting make a decent tumbler.

Look at how cute if you tumble and raise from eggs!! <3

IMG_50212.jpg

Eight days later...
IMG_51152.jpg

Another time -- I thought this was too cute -- the baby on the left looks like it's smiling.
000.jpg

You did the best you could for the balloon rams. I wonder if the "balloon" part made them more prone to conditions or generally not as healthy or long-lived.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
You did the best you could for the balloon rams. I wonder if the "balloon" part made them more prone to conditions or generally not as healthy or long-lived.

You might be right. C'est la vie.