Baby Brine Shrimp Nets

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

I periodically have a spawn of Corys, Apistos, or Rainbowfish fry that need BBS. I had an excellent baby brine shrimp (BBS) net from back in the late 80's that I wore out a few years ago which resulted in my hunt for a replacement. I would never have believed that finding a good BBS would take me two years. I have probably purchased 6 different 'brine shrimp' nets during this period. Most would work for adult brine shrimp but none seem to be able to filter out even 50% of newly hatched BBS nauplii no matter how fine the weave appeared to be. I have purchased Smartnet, Hagen, Deep Blue, Marina Blue and others including the net offered by Brine Shrimp Direct figuring they would have a quality net. But No! All the foregoing nets were a waste of money for baby brine shrimp.

A couple of months ago I was on Jehmco.com website looking at net breeders and noticed that they offered a variety of nets as well. They offered several brine shrimp nets but one caught my attention, the NETWFBS-3BT described as "Tetra Wire Frame Brine Shrimp Net, 3” finer white mesh, blue wire" handle. Actually they offered two Tetra nets but the 'finer white mesh' caught my eye. Long story short, this is the best baby brine shrimp net I have found. It filters 95%+ of the newly hatched bbs nauplii and yet lets the water flow through fairly quickly. I have have not seen the net available locally but here is the information if you are searching Tetra Whisper Softnet 3" Brine Shrimp #77844-900 http://7showdeals.606h.net/2013/11/...isper-softnet-nylon-brine-shrimp-3-inch-sale/

I hope this saves someone the frustration I experienced!

31lTCIAQNlL.jpg