B & D Aquarium in White Center

Cadster

Quality: 5
Variety: 4
Cost: 4
Overall Experience: 4
This store I visited a couple of times in 2014 and it was a DELIGHT in terms of the health of the fish. BIG schools of same-species that were absolutely thriving and in full color like I have never seen in a fish store. Fish store fish usually look stressed - these looked so at home and healthy. I believe he said he quarantines new shipments in the back before they get put out front. I didn't see any sick or dead ones.

It's a very small store with a limited selection but quite inspiring - gave me ideas. You could really see the beauty of common species like a big school of cherry barbs or bloodfins in pumping great health and brilliant color. Prices for these common species were indeed higher than the $1.99 specials at other stores but they weren't the tiny stressed specimens you'd usually get for that price.
The aquarium supplies selection is very tiny, just a neighborhood store for a few odds and ends (but good brands). The owner looks eccentric but really cares about the fish. I hope it's still there.

GoodnNuff

Overall Experience 2
Cost Didn't look.
Quality of Fish ?
Variety 2
Service 4

Stopped by yesterday, they'd moved around the corner and the new "old house" has a going out of business sign out front. Inside was a mess - most tanks were empty, and others were full of fish. A big tank full of Angels, another couple with some cichlids and a few with goldfish, left before I saw much else.