Aqueon 125 Aquarium Ensemble.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Update on the Aqueon 125 Ensemble. The tank has been up and running for about 3 weeks now, with a few token plants and 8 young featherfins as pioneer fishes. I'm using aragonite gravel and a single (for now) Eheim Classic 2217 filter. I plan to get some jungle val for the tank next week, then will begin to slowly move my featherfins and Xenotilapia into the 125, which will free up a 100 in my fish room, which is in the background of this photo.

Overall, I am very pleased with the Aqueon setup. I was a little skeptical at first, mainly because the price was so reasonable ($450 complete during the holiday sale), but the Aqueon tank itself seems very well-made, with perfect seams and nicely finished edges. The three glass tops fit perfectly, are thicker than most, and have polished edges. The two LED light fixtures are nothing to write home about: with only 9 LED's each, they're not very bright, but they are fine as supplemental lighting. My main light source- a 48" Beamswork DA 6500K- fits just behind these fixtures. And finally, the stand is square and true, and nicer than I expected. So overall, I'm very pleased. I'll post another pic once the 125 is fully stocked.

IMGP5737.JPG

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@sir_keith, every time you post the tank I wish I would have worked a 125 into my garage set up. That is one of the best set ups out there when it goes on sale. Plus I love that you planted yours.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
@sir_keith, every time you post the tank I wish I would have worked a 125 into my garage set up. That is one of the best set ups out there when it goes on sale. Plus I love that you planted yours.

Yes, it's an awesome deal when on sale. I have two of them; here is the other. This was a grow-out tank for Xenotilapia and Enantiopus, but these fishes are now large enough to be split into smaller breeding groups-

IMG_3453.jpg

I'm not crazy about the grey wood-grain veneer on the doors of these stands, so I plan to re-cover them with a black veneer that will match my other setups.

As you know, I considered whether to add one or two more of these 125 ensembles when I did my recent fish room upgrade, but in the end I decided to go with four 75's and four 40L's rather than two 125's; it just gives me a lot more space and flexibility for the kinds of fishes I keep.

Here are the new 75/40L setups; the Tropheus corner-

IMG_3436.jpg

I had the first spawning in one of the new 75's last week: Tropheus moorii Mpulungu 'Sunspot.' I could use a few more of these, so I'll isolate the female in another week or so.

And the Ectodini corner; I still have to fill the last 40L-

IMG_3437.jpg

The 75 on the right has a newly-established pair of Xenotilapia spilopterus, plus a few other tankmates. These are biparental mouthbrooders, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the spawning/rearing sequence play out. :)

Ruturaj Hagavane

I think with sale price of 500 and applying 25% off coupon would bring price down pretty well, 375 + tax. I got my 75 gallon combo (tank + stand + lights + hood) for 200 using same.

Let me know if you want a coupon, I can play the phone game and get one for you.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I think with sale price of 500 and applying 25% off coupon would bring price down pretty well, 375 + tax. I got my 75 gallon combo (tank + stand + lights + hood) for 200 using same.

Let me know if you want a coupon, I can play the phone game and get one for you.
I finally signed up for the app. I need to just do the various activities. Thanks for the offer but now I have no room for any other tanks… famous last words, lol. I should have planned for bigger tanks in the garage set up, thats all.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Also are these still the same lights or have they went LED yet on that set up?
The current version of the Aqueon 125 Ensemble comes with two 36" LED light fixtures. They are very basic, with 9 individual LEDs that I would guess to be around 6500K, an on/off switch, and that's about it. I upgraded to 72" Beamswork DA fixtures with the optional timer/dimmer module. :thumbsup

Ruturaj Hagavane

The current version of the Aqueon 125 Ensemble comes with two 36" LED light fixtures. They are very basic, with 9 individual LEDs that I would guess to be around 6500K, an on/off switch, and that's about it. I upgraded to 72" Beamswork DA fixtures with the optional timer/dimmer module. :thumbsup

Seems like they selling it under top fin as well now. Its hard to find aqueon branded 125 and top fin branded 125 are more readily available. Looks same but stand is getting bad reviews and lights seems to smaller length wise. Seems like they are lowering quality to keep price same now.