Aquatop SP5-UV Works Very Well *With Pictures*

lymitliss

During my last weekly visit to my favorite fish store, I asked what I could do about the amount of algae I have in my tank. I noticed over the last few weeks my water turned green, and got bad enough to where I almost couldn't see my fish, let alone the back of the tank. Cory suggested I try the Aquatop SP5-UV he had in stock. I had done a couple searches for UV sterilizers in the past to gather information about them, but didn't feel I knew enough to make a purchase at that time. Boy am I glad I asked! Just like he said, not much change over the first 24 hours of use, but by about the third day my tank returned to being crystal clear again. I attached some pictures so you don't have to take my word for it.

Pictures were taken each day, but not exactly 24hrs apart. Forgive the quality, they were taken with my cellphone and I'm far from a photographer.

20141025_111724_zps3d7d0a24.jpg

20141026_102248_zps825c2015.jpg

20141028_101248_zps50427bad.jpg

and one more, because my daughter loves my tank-

20141027_113559_zpse4222e85.jpg

lymitliss

It's a 55. Sorry, I thought I added that in there. The plants aren't arranged in any particular way, a few of them I basically just weighted and dropped into the tank because I couldn't decide where I wanted them.

lymitliss

Thank you! I don't have it on a timer because I like to use the night lights, instead of having it turned off entirely.

A

Anonymous

This is a neat post. It would be a good thread in the review section.