Aquatop AP50+

dwarfpike

There really isn't much to say about an airpump, except that it's quiet. Really quiet. Quietest airpump I can remember owning. And it has an adjustable control which is always a huge bonus for an air pump imo. The knob is a little stiff and hard to move, but not sure if that's just because it's new or not. Can't speak on the longevity of it yet, but so far very pleased.

dwarfpike

I have not. I'll have to look them up. I'm just happy I don't have to buy some neoprene to set this pump on like I've had to in the past.

edit: after a quick search, it seems only the larger models are adjustable, not the smaller?

pbmax

Funny thing is that I got into aquariums right around the time my wife got pregnant with our son because she thought an aquarium would be a fantastic white noise generator in the baby room. All downhill from there.... I didn't have an air pump on that tank though.  :cyclops: 

dwarfpike

That's rather funny, I find tanks too irregular to help with that. I actually run a fan to generate white noise to cover the tank noise.

MorganEA

dwarfpike said:
That's rather funny, I find tanks too irregular to help with that. I actually run a fan to generate white noise to cover the tank noise.
same here, I have to keep my tanks full so that I cant hear the sound of the water coming out of the filter. It drives me nuts at night.

dwarfpike

Super friend to a store where I have to drive 500 miles just to buy something? No one in their right mind would do that ...

Wait, I do that all the time  :scratch: 

Done and done Cory.  :spoton: