Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Aquarium Paradise - Lakewood

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 3

Nice large tanks that the fish are housed in. The main attraction is their display tank with a breeding pair of Dovii!

I gave them a 3 for service because of a lack of follow through on their part. I was shopping for a large tank (100g+) and the main person who was the one I needed to speak with was not in. The sales person took my name and number promised a call back and even asked if it was "OK" to leave the answer/info on the answering machine. I said "yes" and never got a call back. I took this to mean they did not want my business. Sad for them but I got my tank, stand and accessories elsewhere. At least a $1000 worth of business they lost!

Pleco_Party

Overall Experience 4
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 5

I like Aquarium Paradise a lot. They had an okay verity of fresh water fish, everything looked very healthy. But there Salt water fish and coral section was amazing! They have a wide variety of salt water fish and coral. I wish I had their big coral set up. I wish I had their dragon eel. The Staff is very very friendly and they have always been there to answer my questions. When I start a salt water set up, I will be here all the time.

Anthraxx

Overall Experience 4
Cost 2
Quality of Fish 3
Variety 2
Service 5

Ive frequented the store a few times. usually underfed overstocked africans. great service however they are happy to order up stuff for you (costs a bit much but i guess its better then going to burien)

presleyk

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 4
Service 5
I go to the store all the time, even just to look the service is great the staff is friendly, and I have never lost a fish from there. And they will order you whatever you like, and even take it back if it's not exactly what you wanted. And as far as price it might be a lil high but if your a true fish enthusiast then the fish are worth the price, and if you check in from time to time you can find the fish you want for a great price just depends on how many they have. Def my LFS of choice!

Madness

Staff member
presleyk said:
Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 4
Service 5
I go to the store all the time, even just to look the service is great the staff is friendly, and I have never lost a fish from there. And they will order you whatever you like, and even take it back if it's not exactly what you wanted. And as far as price it might be a lil high but if your a true fish enthusiast then the fish are worth the price, and if you check in from time to time you can find the fish you want for a great price just depends on how many they have. Def my LFS of choice!
A lot of the different type of Cichlids that they carry, they get from me. :D I sell Dominic a lot of different fish. But agree, very helpful, friendly, and I love the new store mascot. :D

Overall Experience 4
Cost 1
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 2
Service 5

Super friendly, excellent service. Selection is decent but it is always changing which makes it pretty cool. Only downside is price. I certainly buy smaller stuff from them, but I dont see myself ever buying equipment or larger items as the prices are far too high to even be reasonable.

master chi

Overall Experience 3
Cost 2
Quality of Fish 2
Variety 4
Service 4

I used to frequent this place to check out their Malawi Selection. It has gotten pretty bad in the last year or so. In my opinion.

While they do have a great selection of American Cichlids,Freshwater Community,and I guess a decent saltwater selection. Their Malawi selection is made up almost entirely of hybrids. That fact alone really does not sit well at all with me.

While I don't consider myself a Malawi snob I do keep these guys almost exlusively. And I feel the perpetuate an already enormous problem by selling hybrid fish.

The folks who work there are very friendly and that is part of good customer service,but I waited at checkout counter for awhile before I had to grab one of 3 people working one day to ring me up,and that definitely is not good customer service. It is the only store in tacoma you can by a replacement Impeller for a filter though. If you got 20 bucks or more.

CherokeeNative

This is where I shop - friendly people and have always received the attention I need to get the purchase I want. Dominic is up front and will tell you if he can't beat a price that you have seen elsewhere - I like that in a business person.

A

Anonymous

Overall Experience 4
Cost 2
Quality of Fish 3
Variety 3
Service 3 1/2

I love this place but I do have to say the prices are a bit high
I have only bought five fish from them and 2 of them have died
Do not buy any hybrids there the two I bought were hybrids and both died

But I also bought my red devils there and that was a great purchase they are fairly big and alive now

BillHN

I wonder who sold this place the RCS, cause that's where I got them when I first got shrimp xD.

Overall Experience: 5 (cause of Brutus the dog)
cost: 4 (depending on what you're buying)
Quality of fish: 5 (Idk much about saltwater but it was awesome looking at everything sooo)
Variety: 5 (because I'm newb)
Service: 5 (because of Brutus the dog)

I remember reading a rant about someone saying "this place is bad because they have hybrid cichlids" I have no idea how or why that's bad. I also like getting my brine shrimp from here when I want to spoil my fish.