Anyone interested in Gorillus Blue umbee?

Tank

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the classified section but if it doesn't belong here please move it. I am thinking of making an order from Freddy Rodriguez, the only problem is that he has a minimum or 7 umbee and I can only really take 2 so that leaves me 5 to get rid of! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in taking the others for $10 a piece and I would just cover the cost of the shipping order.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Man you are a year too late, I used to have the g blue and also g black , in fact, I had a breeding pair of g blue. I've also had the mag X strain but right now I'm only into the rio mags! I have a good looking male 14-15" that needs a sassy female.

Just as forewarning even at small shipping sizes the Gorillus Umbee will start to take one another out starting with the smallest one ( typically female ) and work up till there is only the dominant male and if you get lucky a dominant female. I've found having more together also helps a bond between male and female really strong and not forced if you were to only get two. Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.

Would love to see pics once you get them in.

Tank

Haha darn! Should I ask him to ship them all in as many separate bags as possible? If no one else wants one I may just go ahead and make an order after thanksgiving and keep the lot and try and hand a few out! Also pics will definitely be posted!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I would ask for small separate bags. When I got my f1 g blacks shipped down from Alaska ( overnight) they came in one bag.... I purchased ten and two were dead when they got here. Luckily for me he sent three extras just in case!

What size are they coming in at?

I believe a guy in Yakima has some breeding pairs and I know aquarium paradise in Lakewood has a large adult ( I believe female from me. It's a g blue though)

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I probably should mention that Umbee are my favorite! Haha

Tank

Haha I don't blame you man they are amazing! This is a word for word message from him"They range from 3/4 to about 1 1/2 *TL*"

Madness

Staff member
I will add my two cents to this conversation later when I'm done working. Just a little bit of information you may want to know before you order

Madness

Staff member
Here is the scoop. <3 The Gorillas black are not true blacks. When the blacks were brought in, the only black females caught died, so the blacks that are in circulation are a cross between a black male and a Gorillas blue female. The Blues had more success, and there are legit blues out there. BUT, there are many that are crossing a Rio-Mag with the Gorillas blue to get more blue in the Rio-Mag look. If that makes since? All are of course, Umbee, but its just what your preference is. Me? I try my hardest to keep locals the same, and body styles the same.

Tank

The guy I'm getting them from says the blues he has are F2s and I believe he got his pair from Umbeeking and Umbeeking is recommending him, do you think I have anything to worry about?! Haha man why do things gotta get complicated... I just want a nice a pair Gorillus Blue Umbee.. lol :zipped

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Umbee King brought in the first and has had some really nice spawns ..... He has sent out quite a few f1 Umbee out there in the last few years.

I'd be more worried about whether or not they are f1 as i had some f2 that bred as well and then the people I gave them to had babies so now there are some f3 or f4 out there..... Or tank raised as I call them after f1.

If Umbee King said he's legit, I'd trust him

Madness

Staff member
Chris, (umbeeking) wont even admit that the blacks are not truly blacks. With that said, the blues were brought in a few years ago, and no new wild blues have been brought in from my understanding. There are more true blues running around than true blacks, and if UK feels the guy is legit, so be it.

If you dont mind telling me the guys name, I could give much more help. I know several people in the big Cichlid world.

Tank

Haha I said it in the original post his name is Freddy Rodriguez, yeah man for sure thanks! I appreciate any and all info, also if you happen to know anyone else selling blues that you trust let me know!