Anyone having problems staying logged in?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I have a report that an iphone5 user is having problems staying logged in. So they log in, and then when they choose a topic to view they are logged out again. Anyone else experiencing this on other devices or the same device?

Thanks.

KaraWolf

Yesssss but I assumed it was my phone being weird. Im getting logged out whenever I leave the fishbox. So Ill be on the same wifi and reopen and Im all logged out. Even with keep me logged in checked. Andriod, samsung s5 active. Dont usually get logged out ever unless I shut my phone off but even then its often still logged in.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm different problem than they were having, and restarting their browser fixed their problem already. What browser are you using on the s5 active?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
CMooreCichlids said:
I've been having issues staying logged in on my laptop while using IE.

Always or just recently etc? Nothing has changed in a long time, perhaps deleting cookies etc would fix this issue for you?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
interesting, and it's the latest internet explorer update and i'm just making sure you've checked to keep me logged in etc.

CMooreCichlids

Vicmacki said:
People still use ie :(

No, but this is a work laptop and other browsers are linked to operations or software.

IE is the only one that isn't normally tracked. Not that my employer cares, but keeping personal info away from the eyes of IT is always a good habit to keep.

Betty

Staff member
Using Firefox or Chrome on any computer, I have the exact opposite problem. I am always logged in, even when I make sure that box to stay logged in is UNchecked.

flamechica

Betty, on firefox go into the settings, go to the privacy tab and then go down to the history area and click on the dropdown menu and select "Never remember history" and that will ensure that it doesn't remember that stuff and you will always be logged out of every website once you close your browser. I don't use chrome, so I don't know how to do it on that one.

Betty

Staff member
Thanks flamechica, but I usually want it to remember me. Once in a while, I'm on a different, shared computer and I don't want to always be logged on in that situation. If I don't remember to log off, this forum never forgets! :)

Ali

In that case couldn't you use Mozilla's "private browsing" it shouldn't store any info, cookies, history etc. I always use that on a public or shared computer.

Hope this helps!

Betty

Staff member
That's probably a good option as well, Ali.

I was just wondering why the forum doesn't work like it should and why it always keeps me logged in, even if I haven't been on the site for a few days, and no matter if that box is checked or not. (And others don't stay logged in when they want to be.) :scratch: