Anyone been tossing around the idea of native fish?

swamp-rat

I'm putting together another group order for Jonah's Aquarium so if anyone wants in, PM me with what you want. Mark was super awesome getting the fish to me in time for the GSAS meeting, all were great condition and no losses. If you're looking for something in particular that's not on his stock page, scroll to the bottom and click the link for special orders. I'm asking for more southern redbelly daces for sure.

Longear Sunfish
1622783_10151896757421254_1276956785_n.jpg

Daces and shiners  :heart: hair algae; S. Redbelly Dace
11548_10151896757616254_1376294730_n.jpg

Redside Daces
1911729_10151896757866254_437947945_n.jpg

Nate Dawg

Mmm tempting. ..been thinking of doing an outdoor pond..but . I dont have the room right now for the fish they look so good tho

jrmakawoody

I thought it would be neat to keep a smaller variety of trout, but I am guessing that there would need to be some way of keeping the water cool enough in the summertime.

jrmakawoody

Lower water temperature "holds" oxygen better than the same water at higher temperature...So if you have cold water, chances are the oxygen content is going to stay high enough for them.  (Given proper aeration of course). Decent water flow would also be key for these guys too, I would imagine.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
so are sunfish allowed if purchased? I was really confused on the last thread posted about native species......

B

big01612

That "thanks" was big fat thumb pressing to scroll down and hit the icon.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Haha, I didn't even know what you were talking about until I went up and looked..... I will hank you back to wipe the slate clean!

swamp-rat

Okay, seriously, put you lists together. So far I have requests for like 20 Evergladei and nothing else. I WILL be ordering in the next 3 weeks.