any ideas on DIY LED lighting?

footbllplyr19

Anyone got any ideas out there for this? I have heard a couple people say they have done it, but never trusted there ways of doing it. So looking for a cost efficient and SAFE way to do it! Thanks!

larry.beck

I did a DIY LED setup for one of my 55g tanks that has become our favorite lighting setup so far. I used 2 strips of these with one cut in half so that there are 3 rows in the center of the tank and the ends of the tank only have one row. This makes the ends of the tank darker than the center, which is a look I love. Then I put 8 of these in on a bar - 4 blue and 4 white. I use these for night lighting. While the strip provides pretty even lighting, the individual bulbs provide narrow beams of light.

I also have a Marineland LED Double Bright fixture on my 125g. I think the kit is good looking, nice quality, and a great price. But I have a soft spot in my heart for my DIY. :lol:

A

Anonymous

on reefcentral.com there are millions of people posting thier ways of doing it, just go to the DIY section. but make sure to COME BACK!

ledieudufromage

There is a lot of work on daylight LED lights to replace street lamps. One issue is that people like the yellow orange, even though there are benefits to the full spectrum. But because of this, a number of companies, including one I know of in Seattle, are producing super bright full spectrum bulbs.

footbllplyr19

larry.beck said:
So, footbllplyr19 , what did you end up doing?
I havent done anything yet, still looking around. But i saw at sierra fish and pets they had a small led strip that was super bright, but it was about $99, i like the look of it, but i'm not sure!

larry.beck

footbllplyr19 said:
larry.beck said:
So, footbllplyr19 , what did you end up doing?
I havent done anything yet, still looking around. But i saw at sierra fish and pets they had a small led strip that was super bright, but it was about $99, i like the look of it, but i'm not sure!
I believe that would probably be the Marineland fixture. Very bright indeed! I have a 36" strip on my 72" 125g tank and that's all the light I need for it.