Angelfish bloated

MorganEA

So during their last spawn this (insert bad word) ate every single baby after they hatched. Shortly after that he got super bloated started breathing super hard and was just drifting at the top. I started feeding him shelled peas and when that didn't work I moved him to my quarantine tank where I tried treating him with Maracyn two which didn't work. I now have him back in his tank with his mate because he seems happier when he is with her. I test with the API masters kit and all my parameters are fine no ammonia no nitrites and no nitrates.
I am at a loss and between this and my tank that is failing to cycle I'm about to say I'm done with fish!!
30F2704A-5B83-4578-B007-0EB5E1FC33BE.jpg

0284A1AD-0F1A-4973-9AF1-8A3417B2FF45.jpg

58B3757D-0137-4D31-80F9-864DA43D64AB.jpg

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
if he is still eating, try soaking food in metro, or epsom salt, what is the temp at?

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Sounds like he may be stopped up. I would do what Cory suggests definitely.

I know how you feel on the wanting to give up. I think I have HOPEFULLY lost my last fish after the heavy metal fiasco. I tried saving two angels in very poor shape from petsmart and they died as well. I'm focusing on getting my 20 gallon long set up so I can grow out those bn fry I have and stick the money away so hopefully I can get a trio of zebra's from Cory in the future. But keep at it. Things happen and if you enjoy it, it will be rewarding when it all comes together and working well.