Anemone Spawning

lilfishie

Just thought I would share a video.

I got home tuesday just in time to see one of my anemone's spawning.
Its not as exciting as the mini brittle stars spawning, but its not very common to see.

heres a video.

Anthraxx

that is awesome.. do you have multiple anenomes of the same type? so as to get something out of their breeding? idk just seems like a neat concept to breed ur own livestock.. either way super neat that they are wanting to breed. good job and keep those pics coming. im really considering making the move to a salt water tank.. they just look so darn neat.

lilfishie

I only have the one rose bubble tip anemone in that tank. And the clowns do take good care of it. I do have a green bubble tip anemone in another tank.

Saltwater is neat. I didnt think I was going to get so addicted to it. And if I can do it, anyone can do it. It just takes patients and a little extra research.
It is so much fun growing coral from a 1" stick to an large multi branching colony and watching fish grow from a 2" juvenile to a 10" adult and change colors.

I still have a few planted FW tanks, but the SW animals like the anemones and coral and other critters are just amazing.

aquaman95

Im no saltwater person will sombody explain how a plant gives birth.They are plants right or is the clown fish spawning?you can tell something is going on and thats a good looking anemone keep up the good work :spoton:

lilfishie

Here is a pic of it with CLEAR water! Could you read the sarcasm? lol!

DSC08425.jpg

lilfishie

Come to find out my anemone is a male. Seems there are males and females in many species of anemones. Learn something new every day in this hobby.