AC70 for $20.39 at Petsmart, Hurry HOT Sale!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Awesome Petsmart sale on the AC70. You will have to act fast! Sale is $24.49 and when you put in cart it is $18.74 and with tax is $20.39

The catch? You can buy online and pick up in store but not many left locally....

Hope someone can benefit from this, I ended up buying one as a spare filter.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
MarineLand Penguin 350 also on sale around $20 but the AC70 is a much better filter.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I got my FX6 a little while back from Petsmart for just a little over $200. Im sure it was a mistake since it was called the FX5 when I bought it and they gave my the FX6. Not sure on the Fluval 'sale', thought they price fixed their stuff.

Bob

I am not sure if they price fix. There is a store back east that has the fx6 for sale for $150 in store only. Saw it on a cichlid facebook group i am on. They showed a picture of people lined up before the store was open. They are saying the local petsmart is price matching too.

I did pick up one of the ac70s though, too good to pass up.

On a side note, i will never buy another bio wheel. I purchased 4 of them when petsmart had their black friday sale. I got 2 350s, a 200 and the emporer 400. After a few months they all stop spinning and after wrestling with them i just got fed up and threw out the wheels.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The aquaclears are the better filter but the 350's and 200's sometimes are so cheap I buy them to be able to add filters to tanks I sometimes buy on Craigslist and then flip for a profit.

Bob

I do like the emporer 400 because it has the spray bars which usually keep them turning, and there is a ton of space for adding my own media. Which is basically all i do now anyways on hob filters. Tear out everything that came with and and just use my own media. This will be my first aquaclear so ill be happy to try it out.

tazeat

I put fluvals (306 or 206) on everything bigger than my 10s, just love how dead silent and almost zero maintenance they are. I always add extra carbon and seachem purigen to all of them. Replace the carbon/purigen and rinse the media out with used tank water every 3-4 months and they just work. Petco had a good sale last year for a month or so, combined with the discount gift cards you can buy they were a damn good price.