CLOSED - A Place for Pets- Burien

MysticOS

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

this place has a whole lot of choices and they take care of their fish. The tanks are clean and owners knowledgable.

alexmuw

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 5
Service 5

Great store! Large variety of cichlids (BOTH American and African). Will be my "go to" store for any future livestock.

Madness

Staff member
I hate to say it, but since Matt left, the fish are not well. I was there today, and there were tanks that had a cocoon of fungus around all the fish. The whole tank was dead. I saw this a lot, in many tanks. I hope Kevin gets a Matt clone in there soon, or else I wont be buying there in the future.

TODAY:
Overall Experience 3
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 1
Variety 4
Service 5

Madness

Staff member
Well I have to say that my fav LFS is looking better. I went in late last week and it looked soooooooooooooo much better. :cheers:

I havn't seen as much new stock coming in lately, but the tanks do look real good now. Still lots of different types of fish, just not much on the new stuff. :cry:

So new rankings:

TODAY:
Overall Experience 5 (still my fav store)
Cost 4 (would like to see better prices. But wouldn't we all)
Quality of Fish 5, (looking much better :) )
Variety 4, (for what he has, yes good variety. Like to see more S/C Am. Cich.)
Service 5, (always friendly and helpful)

Spyral

endangered cichlids said:
i visited the store about a week ago , there was iche and prices were wow , rich people live in burien ..enough said

Funny, I live about 3 miles from APFP and I think his prices are very reasonable. I guess I'm just one of those rich people..oh wait, I am..lol

Addictedtofish

Ive been in this store once about 3 months ago and lets just say I wouldnt go back, very dissapointing from all the good ive heard. :(

HALP

Addictedtofish said:
Ive been in this store once about 3 months ago and lets just say I wouldnt go back, very dissapointing from all the good ive heard. :(
Place just isnt the same without Matt

Will I am

It's been a while since I e posted anything, been busy with RL. anyways hit this spot twice in the last couple of months, 5's ofcourse! Kevin also hooked me up with some nice prices! Love it!

Pleco_Party

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Checked it out today at around 5pm. The place was pretty cool. All the fish look super healthy and there where a lot. All the staff was very nice and knowledgeable. Their Duboisi where very pretty and i haven't found them anywhere else. A couple of fish where a little high priced but you find that at almost any pet store. I would suggest A Place For Pets to anyone and it is worth the drive.

naturalart

Overall experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5+
Service 5

One of the best, if not the best, freshwater fish shops in Seattle. When orders are in some of the most unusual species one can find in a pet shop.

neonil

Overall experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5+
Service 4

We live only a bit north of Burien and APFP and always love going there for fish. The owners there recognize us the moment we walk through the door. They even offered to give Dad a ride back home if he needed instead of taking the bus it because he is vision impaired. I've never bought a fish from them that ended belly up the next day or so. They aren't the cheapest around but you can be sure your getting a good fish. And if you do have a fish that you feel was sick when you bought it they are the nicest people I have no doubt I could take something back to them for store credit.

Their service is good, we only had an issue with one of the women that work their argued with my husband about ghost shrimp. Saying she had counted out 20 even though we pointed out their were clearly only 12 in the bag and we got charged for 20. She wasn't to eager to fix the mistake. So we just try and stay clear of her when we go there.

Otherwise this is our favorite place to go!

Will I am

Another great trip here! 5's all the way! Tanks looked great. Kevin hooked me up with a great deal on the fish I purchased :)

AD2CRL

I give all 5's except for price, I give it a 4. Honestly the prices are slightly below average of WA fish store's. They have a great variety..I dont know many fish stores that carry Petro's. My other problem is quantity of specific breed. I do colonies so this can be a issue for me.

-Chris

Other then that its a awesome store!

sonnys503

Overall Experience 4
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 4
Service 4

Stopped by Xmas eve, unfortunately they are closed today. There were a few fishes I would have loved to bring back to Portland, on top of tht 20% off sale on freshwater.

TerrancePuffer

Overall Experience 3
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 5
Service 2

One bad experience throws out a bunch of decent experiences dealing with this LFS.

Ratlova30

Overall Experience 4
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 5
Service 4

My experience was overall pretty good, is it worth me making the hour and a half trip often...no. For the most part the fish looked to be of good health. There was this one larger fish, don't know the name, that had something suspicious on it's fin. Certainly made me want to steer clear. I wanted some platys but they all looked icky. Not necessarily sick but very poorly bred. I was helped very quickly by whom I assume to be the very chipper owner. Prices were a little high for my taste. Would have liked to stay a little longer to look at the fish better but it was very cramped, could hardly get down the isles and it very hot.

Ratlova30

I feel it's a win win buying from hobbyists. You know what you're buying is of good quality, they're not diseased. They get some mullah and you get an incredible price. Lately my stocking is worked around what the forum has to offer. I just got to the point where I was done dealing with the local stores.