A Forum Stalker Is No Longer A Stalker!!

KaraWolf

HI :)
Heard about this website actually from my LFS in Portland OR, and I've kinda been half stalking this place since, I figured I might as well join in!
My tanks are in a bit of mumbo jumbo right now as I just moved from the Vancouver area up to Fort Lewis just this last Thursday. I took the move as a chance to upgrade and stuck all my fish that were in a 15 gal aquarium into my 30 gal (which is the biggest that I own and still fits on the stand) Don't worry I took everything from the 15 and stuck it in the 30 so no fish-in cycling! This weekend I'm actually going to be building a base for a 55 gal which will be this sets permanent home XD I've got a red tailed shark (female?) called Mojo Jo Jo and a wopping 5 inches she was rather unhappy to be moving. 3 Orange Von Rio Flames (the 3 beasts), and an Otto (Outta Zoom) all mostly peacefully coexisting. As I upgrade I'm hoping to add 3-4 more Von Rios, 7-8 Lemon Tetra and 8-9 marble hatchet fish. As for the rest of the room I'll have in the 55 gal I'm not sure what else I'll put in there 0.o As soon as the 30 is ready I'm hoping to find 3-6 Orange and Powder blue dwarf gourami at a LFS rather then the local chain store where the rest of mine came from, with some cherry barbs or something similar. I've read too much about the overseas dwarf's dying after 4 months of some weird sickness.
Found a couple places within 10 miles of me that I'm hoping still exist. Otherwise it is indeed taking a risk with chain store gourami...
I have an empty 15 and empty 20 and my husband really thinks i need fiddler crabs >> which I know NOTHING about. Not going there with the RTS, she is my baby!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
:welcome!:
I always felt like I was being watched :cyclops: glad you stopped stalking and finally joined up!

BillHN

Welcome!
There's a few other people who work on JBLM (me included) who are into the fish hobby.
Hope you enjoy these forums!

Madness

Staff member
Welcome aboard.
742812.gif

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Welcome to fishbox! I'd love to see some pictures /videos of your tank, your stock list sounds great.

On a cichlid note, I have a feeling that it won't be long until you do a major addition to your collection and get into the cichlid realm.....it only took me a month on here to go back to them myself.

again, welcome!

A

Anonymous

DMD123 said:
:welcome!:
I always felt like I was being watched :cyclops: glad you stopped stalking and finally joined up!
Lol...

:afro: .oO Welcome KaraWolf. When you get everything situated tank pictures are a requirement for all new members :)

Jk! But picts are appreciated. Especially for fat healthy RTS! I grew out a baby to about 5 inches. He became a terror but was awesome looking.

CrazedAce

lloyd378 said:
Welcome to fishbox! I'd love to see some pictures /videos of your tank, your stock list sounds great.

On a cichlid note, I have a feeling that it won't be long until you do a major addition to your collection and get into the cichlid realm.....it only took me a month on here to go back to them myself.

again, welcome!
:iagree:
I got into cichlids a few months after joining this forum.

Welcome to the forum! I have a couple dozen blue dwarf gouramis from a pair that I've had for about 9 months. They are far from ready but I will let you when they get some six on them in case you might be interested.

KaraWolf

Lets see from top to bottom!!

DMD123: Darn it I must not have been ninja enough!!!

BillHN: Good to hear, I was starting to think you guys didn't exist!!!

Madness: Thank you :)

lloyd378: Mmmm perhaps. :) I've managed 3 or so years without them. XP However. I already have plans waiting in the wings for money and a lot more space to do a 90 gal oscar tank with tiger oscars and albinos <3 They will look so adorably silly for several months because well. I'm buying them at the smallest size I can get and just having them. so 90 gal + about 4 inches of fish hahah. It is frustrating sometimes to go look and that is all you run into are cichlids and neon tetra. I am a big fan of the silver tip shark (kinda looks like a catfish and is probably mislabeled)

theChad: I would love to post pictures but all of them are on the netbook I haven't connected to the internet and are buried under hundreds of others 0.o we drove from coast to coast to get my husband here XD But I will dig them out soon. I have a rather rare good picture of the RTS where it looks like she's trying to kiss you lol I'm still surprised she doesn't terrorize more but everyone else is quick and smart to evade, and the otto....she doesn't care that it's in her cave even. The only video I have is kinda low quality of the Von Rio's trying to eat my finger LOL Either way I think at least one of my tanks is /always/ going to have a RTS <3

CrazedAce: Thanks. oooo I would most defiantly probably be interested in some if I haven't found any by that time. I'm trying to avoid the chain stores due to death tendencies 0.o

Nick_87

Welcome to the BOX!

KaraWolf said:

I am a big fan of the silver tip shark (kinda looks like a catfish and is probably mislabeled)

The silver tip shark is a type of catfish. I have one that is 8"+ and they are very cool fish.

Will I am

Welcome aboard! Make sure you check out the local fish store ratings under the "WA FishBox Market" a ton of good info there.

KaraWolf

Computer is back properly online! >>
I am sad to say our tap water contains 20ppm ammonia >.< So I wont be using that any more to do betta water changes. However my tank cleans it right up and I can use that water instead.

I did check out the local fish store thread and found 2 locals one impressive one for large fish species, one small one I wouldn't be sure of visiting again unless I can't find a particular species anywhere else and the local petco has an amazing fish section and a very very helpful guy by the name of Josh who is a hobbyist himself :) (Lakewood)

The 55 is on hold :( apparently the saws my father-in-law gave us are useless. Tried to cut the 2x4s only to have one burn the wood, and the other refused to cut all the way through. so it's either a new saw or drive out to a hardware place and have them cut it for us.

Welcome KaraWolf..

You might want to check out the B and I Pets in the B&I Marketplace in Lakewood, not too far from the fort. Not really like the average fish offering, I think. Mark is the man go=to guy for fish knowledge there.

Have fun on here!

Ro