600 gallons of CA cichlids

fishman09

heres a video of all my tanks in the fishroom. quick runthrough of the tanks in the mancave. should be better quality than my previous vids. :D thanks for watching and to all you cinder block haters :tongue:
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/Nd8KSCZTcss" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

fishman09

aquaman95 said:
Nice setup but u need alot more hiding spots u have space utilize it
thanks but the fish get along very well and dont spend any time really in "hiding spots" the pots and stuff are more for breeding areas than for fish to hide in. the fish like to have the space to swim around freely. if you need hiding spots in a tank it probably means its overcrowded or have overly aggressive fish or the tankls too small

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
:iagree:
There is a different dynamic when you have a larger tank. Even my Midas who was one of the most easy going I ever kept calmed down even more when he went from 120g to 210g. So many people never really get to see the potential of keeping large fish together because their tanks are too small.

Madness

Staff member
Agreed. When I start out with a tank full of grow outs, (around 1.5") I have several hiding spots. Due to the fish not being exposed to this type of interaction. As they grow the hiding spots disappear. Sure I will have a couple caves or pots or a pvc pipe, but thats because some of the fish like that. For instance, my Pikes use the cave, and my small Beani also uses another cave. But they are undersized and intimidated. Now my Vieja tank has only pots for spawning and to pvc pipes for my bottom guys.

Oh and BTW Fishman, nice room and setups. :D keep it up.

fishman09

Thanks ill have to take an underwater video with this camera and get some real close ups. Mayhe ill get the jag to attack the camera jaws style

A

Anonymous

I agree, hiding spots??

IMG_20120209_160434.jpg

Btw, very nice tanks and great looking fish. But your cinder block is ugly... I'm just kidding well done.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
VW, thats looking good! I like the simple layout you have going on. Now if only there were a cinder block... just a joke fishman :joker: