40 Gallon Aquarium Complete Setup - $50 (Renton)

clownie

That style of 40 has always given me problems. Out of 3 I have owned 2 blew out in the front panel. Hella of a mess!

FishBeast

You'll be fine since the water pressure is distributed across a narrower surface width, as @julzhull states. I am also guessing that since it is a smaller tank, the strain on the glass from pressure is relatively less compared to the glass thickness.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Thanks you guys. *muah* @FishBeast & @julzhull

it's gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous outside and I'm here typing at the FishBox. Holy cow. What is wrong with this picture? LOL

I'll tell you what it is, my lawn man is here and kicked me out of the backyard so he could mow and edge! hahahahaha
I have, truly, the best lawn guy in the universe. His name is Tuan Tran and he is the BOMB.

There's some info you'll never use but I like to put that goodness out in the universe. :)

FishBeast

Thanks you guys. *muah* @FishBeast & @julzhull

it's gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous outside and I'm here typing at the FishBox. Holy cow. What is wrong with this picture? LOL

I'll tell you what it is, my lawn man is here and kicked me out of the backyard so he could mow and edge! hahahahaha
I have, truly, the best lawn guy in the universe. His name is Tuan Tran and he is the BOMB.

There's some info you'll never use but I like to put that goodness out in the universe. :)
:) Tuan is da man!! ;)

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
This whole thread is making me worry about my shrimp tank. 12 Gallon Column Affair...........

View attachment 4017

Just not enough water in that tank to make the dimensions a problem; you should be fine. Now if you kept the proportions the same, but increased the tank volume 10-fold, that would be a whole different story, because the seams holding the tank together would not increase in strength 10-fold. Ouch!