$2 glass tops

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
i needed covers for the 55g and the 90g so I tried using acrylic from HD but it was $13 a sheet and would have required 2 sheets for each aquarium. I paid a visit to one of the local thrift stores and found a shelving unit with 4 glass shelves out the door for $4.40. Stopped at Lowe’s and picked up 4 ceramic knobs for $1. Cut the glass to fit.

27BB496B-6C14-4455-A608-1522A473AB38.jpeg DF207441-FDD5-4393-9D25-53C81898A414.jpeg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Nice score!

I use the Lexan sheets from HD in my classroom 75... they were pricey but love that they don’t bend/ warp/ or break around 150+ 8th graders haha

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Puyallup now... I used to teach in Franklin Pierce.

I’ll be teaching 8th grade science ( which deals with genetics.... think guppy tank) and pre-ap 8th grade science which deals with chemistry ( maybe I can get the kids to do my water testing etc. ) haha

I plan to make my room an old school science room with tanks ( fish and maybe a lizard) and lots of plants in the windows.....

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I know the 8th grade English teacher in Dupont
Aquariums are great for teaching science and chemistry. I enjoy explaining the waste break down from ammonia to nitrite to nitrate a basic fertilizer and home made bomb component.