2 gallon unheated and now filtered nano

cichlid-gal

Here's a pic of the lid setup on that Eheim

the clip has a little u-channel on the underside that sits over the tank rim edge. Works great.

LuminousAphid

Thanks for the pics on that Donna, by the way. I was thinking I might be able to just get little clips like that at the plastic store, or even just get little shims to glue on the underside of each edge to keep it from sliding off the top. I think I might even go do that today, but before that, here are some more pictures...

gQg8EsH.jpg

I added some more lace java fern to the left side to give it some more depth and height contrast
vu286Pi.jpg

I didn't really notice until I took the pics, but I need to clean the glass a bit, getting some light algae which I can actually take care of in this size tank  :) 

MRTom

That is looking awesome Luminous! How is that filter working out for you so far? Is it making a big difference in the water quality?

LuminousAphid

Yeah, that lasted for about a week and I have had the filter since then. I don't think unfiltered is something I am interested in; without any water movement there was quickly a weird oily sheen to the top of the tank, which may have affected gas exchange, and I don't think the moss appreciated it either. I was just thinking it might be a neat project, but I enjoy it much more with the filter.

MRTom

I agree, unheated is one thing, but unfiltered is a totally different story. Glad the tank is still working out!

cichlid-gal

LuminousAphid said:
Thanks for the pics on that Donna, by the way. I was thinking I might be able to just get little clips like that at the plastic store, or even just get little shims to glue on the underside of each edge to keep it from sliding off the top. I think I might even go do that today, but before that, here are some more pictures...

gQg8EsH.jpg

:) 
U are welcome. And the clips might just work...great idea.

ohhhhh...ahhhhh...love the new look. The "column" in the middle is stunning. I've been wanting to get a basalt column for one of my tanks (or a couple of them) just to see what they would look like. But I have to special order them...yikes!

LuminousAphid

Yeah, I was lucky enough to find this in my parents' garden... It works perfectly for this tank, and they haven't noticed yet either :p edit; it's actually petrified wood, i forgot to mention.

Still dragging my feet on getting a top for it- I actually like the way it looks open, and it seems like the little guys are content to stay inside now as long as I keep the water level down about 1/2" from the top. Although one thing that has made me want to just go and get one is that the water is evaporating so fast that I am having to replace water nearly every day