12 Gallon Long Complete setup - $100

julzhull

I love those tanks! I wish I had a good spot for a 12g long. You really need them rimless but with cats I don't want to try a rimless tank.

Loren

Keeping cats out is one problem and keeping fish in is another. I have this tank and don't even want to think how many fish have jumped out. :(

julzhull

Keeping cats out is one problem and keeping fish in is another. I have this tank and don't even want to think how many fish have jumped out. :(
Yep. Maybe good for shrimp? I see them all the time with fish but you certainly wouldn't want any pricey fish or ones that you're super attached to in there. I really love the look of that tank though. Actually, I do have some built in bookshelves that I could rig to have one one day but the fish jumping out is something that I hadn't thought about. Good treats for the cats I guess.

Loren

Also you just need to pick the right fish. Norman's Lampeye was a big failure along with SAE.

julzhull

Maybe someday I'll try one with just plants. I've seen some gorgeous planted tanks in those. I've got too many tanks going right now though.

julzhull

Also you just need to pick the right fish. Norman's Lampeye was a big failure along with SAE.
I had no idea Norman's were jumpers. I lost one just doing a water change. Didn't realize it until I found it dried up :/

Loren

Me neither. It helps to research first and buy second. :D

"Generally slow and peaceful but when shocked will dart quickly around, lose ‘lamp’ temporarily and even jump. So be careful as not to scare them."

julzhull

PS. Don't worry about being tempted to buy the tank as a friend of mine already bought it. ;)
Ha! I wasn't really tempted. It only got me interested again for maybe someday. We have 9 tanks going right now, I need to not hit double digits. :eek: That will be my limit, no double digits for tanks.

Loren

Nope, I am just like you. If it was all in a fish room it would be manageable.

Living room = 4
Dining room = 1
Kitchen = 2
Top of the stairs = 2
Office = 2
Master bathroom = 1
Garage = 3

Oops, that means that I actually have 15.