10G Show Tank Major Overhaul

Gizmo

Hello ladies and gents! I've lurked for years on the forum, but thought I'd share my latest endeavor - overhauling my jungle! Here are the before photos:
unspecified.jpeg
unspecified (1).jpeg unspecified (2).jpeg

And here are the during overhaul photos:
1.jpeg 2.jpeg 3.jpeg 4.jpeg 5.jpeg
6.jpeg

And now the after photo:
8.jpeg

Hope you enjoyed the visual overload! Leave any/all comments, I'd appreciate the feedback!

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
I like a good moss covered rock - howd you get it to do that or is it just the magic ingredient of time?

Gizmo

I started out with a Marimo ball and a 10lb piece of Mopani wood, and the rest just sorta happened naturally.

FishBeast

Hello ladies and gents! I've lurked for years on the forum, but thought I'd share my latest endeavor - overhauling my jungle! Here are the before photos:
View attachment 3453
View attachment 3454 View attachment 3455

And here are the during overhaul photos:
View attachment 3456 View attachment 3457 View attachment 3458 View attachment 3459 View attachment 3460
View attachment 3461

And now the after photo:
View attachment 3462

Hope you enjoyed the visual overload! Leave any/all comments, I'd appreciate the feedback!
Love it!! Although I like the old tank's "seasoned" look too!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I had no idea you could do that with a Marimo ball. I wonder if I could cover a shrimp cave that way with it. Hmmm...

I like where you're going with that!

@Gizmo - I love that your big fluffy kitty is right in the middle of it over there. lol I have one like that too.

That's an amazing thing with the moss ball. I didn't know they did that either.

I think I'm getting those mixed up with a fake one that I had one time. I had a couple of moss balls but they were fake - I think. (this was before I got all planted tank nuts...)

Looks great! It's fun to "start over" and do something different. I think the fish love it too. New things to look at and cruise around through....

julzhull

I like where you're going with that!

@Gizmo - I love that your big fluffy kitty is right in the middle of it over there. lol I have one like that too.

That's an amazing thing with the moss ball. I didn't know they did that either.

I think I'm getting those mixed up with a fake one that I had one time. I had a couple of moss balls but they were fake - I think. (this was before I got all planted tank nuts...)

Looks great! It's fun to "start over" and do something different. I think the fish love it too. New things to look at and cruise around through....
My husband bought a moss ball from Amazon once, I'm fairly certain it's fake. That thing hasn't grown in a year, it's about to be chucked with the remains of my first failed nano tank.

Loren

Congrats on the overhaul. The before look though hardly qualifies for the term jungle. I have seen much, much worse.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Congrats on the overhaul. The before look though hardly qualifies for the term jungle. I have seen much, much worse.

Some folks like that "so thick the fish can't even swim" look! haha

@julzhull - I'm going to get one of those REAL moss balls that's real for the Hopefully Soon Shrimp Tank. Mine must have been fake too. They never grew or anything either.
What you gonna put back in the Nano??

FishBeast

Real "moss balls" (which are actually cladophora algae, related to the green hair algae and also the marine "chaeto" algae) grow extremely slowly... 3-5 mm a YEAR.

julzhull

Some folks like that "so thick the fish can't even swim" look! haha

@julzhull - I'm going to get one of those REAL moss balls that's real for the Hopefully Soon Shrimp Tank. Mine must have been fake too. They never grew or anything either.
What you gonna put back in the Nano??
My old nano is being shelved for awhile until I have a spot or need for it, I have a new one that I need to make a post on this weekend.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
My old nano is being shelved for awhile until I have a spot or need for it, I have a new one that I need to make a post on this weekend.

Oooooo! Can't wait to see! There isn't anything more fun than setting up a new tank.