WTB 10 gal w/lid

KnownToSome

Have 2 pea puffers in my 5.5 gal QT tank, as they were being quarantined. I went to move them to their planted 1o gallon (they're fighting like dogs) and my son screamed "MOOOOM! The tanks empty and the waters all on the floor!".... looks like there's a huge crack running along the bottom rim, and seeing as though it was fine this morning I'm bettting my 5 yr old was pulling himself up by the tank lip again! Hooray for my first tank leak!

Long story short I am a ways off payday and need a tank for these 2 asap. I have never had to emergency find a used tank before, so any advice or pointing me in the right direction is very much appreciated.

L190

If you really need to, you can find a plastic tote and put them in there with the decorations and your filter running. This way, when you get a new tank, you don't have to start your cycle over again.

KnownToSome

If you really need to, you can find a plastic tote and put them in there with the decorations and your filter running. This way, when you get a new tank, you don't have to start your cycle over again.
Thank you, I appreciate the help. I only have a 5 gal container, but I can keep one of them in QT, and move the other puff and the filter from the broken 10g into the Rubbermaid. At least I can sleep ok tonight! Will the heater hurt the plastic?

I thought I heard about the $1/gallon sale coming up, anyone have any idea when that is?

L190

not sure when the $1 sale starts, but i heard sometime in july. if you are looking at a 10 gallon the cost difference if you get it now vs $1/ gallon sale isn't much ( i think the difference is $5). If you want a 10 gallon now, you can go to petsmart and purchase one. I think they are running a promo right now that if you sign up for their rewards program and sign up for the email, they'll give you 20% off, that is what they gave me when i bought a 10 gallon from them last week.