Hello, new to here

Manakh

I have been lurking as a guest for a while and figured it was time to make an account.
I am from Port Angeles Wa and needless to say outside of small community tanks the aquarium enthusiasm over here is very sub par.

A little about me-
My passion is with larger ca/sa cichlids. I have a 125 with a male regular JD, female ebjd, male pink JD, female GT, and a salvini that is the bottom of the totem pole and not showing off too much color to determine male or female but I'm leaning towards female as it does have a black blotch on the dorsal. Excluding the salvini all the others are 5-8" (salv is maybe 3.5 or so) and live in harmony (so far) with a school of giant danios.
I also have a 55 grow out with 4 Lyonsi from Jeff Raps that might be about 2".
And finally I have a 75 planted community tank that I am just not that into, I thought it would be fun to have a beautiful planted tank with a couple appisto and some rainbow fish but it really didn't intrigue me near as much as the larger fish do. Currently set in motion to trade the fish in from it, take the plants and substrate out, and revamp into a grow out for a couple Jags.
I just got permission from my wife to go all in on a 96x24x30 in a couple months. My end game would be to house what's in my 125 and my Lyonsi in the big tank and have a 125 with a single male jag or maybe a pair, but a pair might be a stretch depending on the tempermant.

Anyways I will be poking around on here from time to time and wanted to say hello :)

clownie

picgifs-welcome-2-1944011.gif
Hey Manakh! There are a few monster fish keepers on here so you will fit in fine! Myself, I used to do the monsters but don't have the room anymore so I am just playing around with smaller stuff now. love to see some pics of the 1235.

FishBeast

Here you are! Welcome and those cichlids (especially the female jack) are stunning! And as @clownie said there are some here who keep the bigger fish, you’ll feel right at home. :)

Manakh

The jags have now gotten accustom to their new home and are eating well. They took some time to open up and eat what I offer my fish but now are doing great except the smallest one is much more timid and doesn't like to come up and compete for food but will readily accept the food if I can sneak it to him/her

Paintguy

I rescued a jag from a buddy and raised it in my 80 gal. Did not take long to outgrow the tank and I could not go bigger so I had to trade him in. Had the most amazing design and eyes would occasional be bright red when it was feisty. Good luck with them.

jag.jpg

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
The jags have now gotten accustom to their new home and are eating well. They took some time to open up and eat what I offer my fish but now are doing great except the smallest one is much more timid and doesn't like to come up and compete for food but will readily accept the food if I can sneak it to him/her

Awww. My African Leaf fish is like that. I have to especially provide his/her diet because the 5" Koi Angels are buggers to compete with! They're maniacs.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I rescued a jag from a buddy and raised it in my 80 gal. Did not take long to outgrow the tank and I could not go bigger so I had to trade him in. Had the most amazing design and eyes would occasional be bright red when it was feisty. Good luck with them.

View attachment 4442

Gorgeous. Makes me want a bazillion giant tanks.

Manakh

The jag grow out tank, an ever evolving setup as I get the time. Working on some wood for it but it's a slow process and I have some more large rocks to clean and sanitize.

IMAG0020.jpg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Nice! I’m growing out a real nice 6-7” male Honduran jag right now too.... last month I sold my 15” male Dovii.

I’m also still currently keeping:
7” male trimac naranja collection point
7” midevil ( cross between my old xiloensis and my red isletas)
10” five spot jewel
6” chocolate cichlid
4” SRT female
4” female flowerhorn
4” red devil from my old pair
3x convicts ( as dithers)
A bunch of small red devil and saribia trimac fry
And two Rio mag umbee fry (1”)

That’s it for cichlids

I have bichirs, plecos, silver dollars , and bala sharks as well.

If you want to see pics of any, just let me know

Manakh

And so the monster tank adventure begins, found this big boy down in Oregon. Have to remodel a small section where I want to put this bad boy, going to add a drain right next to it along with a water spicket for water changes!

Current stock list that I am going to pick and choose from for the tank-
Male JD 8"
Female ebjd 6"
Male pink JD 5"
Female GT 5"
Female Salvini 3.5"

Grow outs unsure on sex
Mesoheros Gephyrum x3 (if you haven't heard of these google img search them)
Escondido Texas x2
Amph Lyonsi x2
Pearsei x1
GT (rivulatus) x1 this guy I'm not sure on, he is kinda skinny and doesn't get in there and compete for food and when I got all these grow outs he was the biggest and now everything has caught up and 2 have passed him for size.

The jags I've been growing out are growing fast, 1 much more then the others, he's probably 6" now.

Next project I'm going for a 300 gal 6'L ex wide tank and a solo Rio Mag Umbee

IMAG0182.jpg