FS Super Red Texas (SRT) Fry For Sale! PU or meet in Silverdale!

Tank

Haha there aren't any small ones left :/ they all grew into big ones, they are all bigger than the big ones were when I was selling them :rofl.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
@Tank - yesterday, I put in three female endlers with a strange humpback look to them. I thought Tankie would gobble them down. Not so. At least - yet. While I was at work today, one or more of these females had friggin babies so now there's a cloud of teeny weeny endler babies in there also!

UGH!

Does your SRT eat other fish? They're supposed to be omnivore maniacs, but Tankie seems to act like this new food source is invisible.

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
@Tank - yesterday, I put in three female endlers with a strange humpback look to them. I thought Tankie would gobble them down. Not so. At least - yet. While I was at work today, one or more of these females had friggin babies so now there's a cloud of teeny weeny endler babies in there also!

UGH!

Does your SRT eat other fish? They're supposed to be omnivore maniacs, but Tankie seems to act like this new food source is invisible.

Endlers prob gone wonky due to lack of minerals in water

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I got one you can have lol...

Oh I know YOU DO! Seriously, I'm not sure what else I can do with all these Endlers. Tankie hasn't taken ONE into his gullet. I probably feed him too well. Last night, I was wandering around in here, wondering where I could put another tank...lol

Tank

Lol either they are too big or he just isnt used to seeing live food, plus you have in a community tank dont you?

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Lol either they are too big or he just isnt used to seeing live food, plus you have in a community tank dont you?

No no Tankie has his own tank. His buddy, a SAE from Julzhull hangs out with him. I managed to scoop most of the adults out of there today (the Endlers) but there's still a bunch of shifty little babies in there that I can't catch.

I think if I'd let him get hungry enough, he might eat them. But I'm a softie.

I pulled out all his plants today since he was destroying them anyway and I'll put them in other tanks. I need to start thinking about another tank for him and replace the one he's in that I got from Loren. I can get a little more tank in that same space - especially, if I go higher - and wider...not sure what size that is....

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
@Tank - so I removed all of Tankie's plants. He was destroying them. All that money I spent on fancy planting dirt = dumb dumb dumb. I'm going to get a bigger tank for him with gravel and stuff that makes sense for a monster like Tankie.

P.S. he's getting REDDER!!! Pictures don't capture the difference -- but there surely is one. He's getting RED!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
@Tank - Update on Tankie -- He got a new bigger flower pot today so now he's rearranging all his rocks to accommodate his new bigger cave. And he IS getting redder! The photos on my cell don't fully communicate that fact however.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Has anybody who bought one had them fade yet? My female is 4” and hasn’t even begun the process of fading..... would love to see and hear some updates.
Joel, maybe you can start a new thread in a different section where we can all update them!

Tank

I actually have one left, it hasn't faded but it started to show some deep orange between it's pearls. It's hard to tell if and when they'll fade some dont start to fade til they are adults even, also I've heard ph of your water can play a big part. Anyway lol what section should I make the thread in lloyd? I know one guy bought 6 but some how ended up killing most of them and tried to blame the fish :/ but mine is still alive and swimming strong and I know yours is still hanging in there and Vicki still has hers I'll ask the other two people for updates on theirs today!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I do have one left from this batch lol it was the runt but it's about 5inches now and I don't know if I want to sell it I kind of what to see how it turns out.

Oh Tank - you can't get rid of Tankie's brother/sister. You just can't.