reef led lights for planted tank

Loren

It's 55-3watt leds two channels about 20 blue, 17 10K , some reds and greens. Running white channel at about 60% and blues about 20.
Nice light. I have a similar one but it is only 30 watts and only has blue and white leds.

PS. Please don't ask why it is on a goldfish tank.

PSS. Did I mention that I am married? ;)

O5OKIQ8.jpg

L190

looks like we have a winner. I bought 1 viparspectra to test and like the way it looks on my tank. I'll have to play with the intensity levels of blues and the other colors. I'll have to get to make light hangers out of conduit to hang these lights and then i'll post a picture.

L190

So I made the switch to reef lights and diy light hangers out of conduit. Here is a pic. Blue lights is on at 5%. Red green, whites on at 100%, I'll probably turn it down the intensity to 50 -60%

P_20170606_215600.jpg

L190

Yep I know but it is fine for now. To get rid of those areas I will need to hang the lights higher, something I might do since I think I'll want to redo the light bar with 3/4" conduit

Last edited:

L190

So I checked out the par meter from gsas and did a reading on the reef lights. The results are very surprising. At 100% on the blue channel and red, white and green channel, 8" below the lights, just under the waterline in the middle of the fixture I get a par reading of 1500-1600. 18" below the waterline I get a par reading of 250-300.
Plant growth is amazing. Here is a picture of the tank, I haven't done any trimmings since I barely have time anymore. I'll probably do one soon.

P_20170628_211157.jpg

Mike16T

Nice.. =)
Plants look like they're growing crazy.. I got sbreef light already. Excited to set up the tank. But still need to wait for a little bit.. =)