WTB Carinotetraodon Irrubesco or Lorteti (up to $100)

KnownToSome

Thank you Vicki! Sad story, but I found a girl on FB yesterday with 3 Irrubescos she was trying to sell in June of last year. I messaged her bc I could not help myself. And... OMG she still had 2!!!!

Heart pounding, palms sweating, I beg her to ship anddddd...

She's in freakin Newfoundland Canada, as in further east coast than NY.... she said she couldn't get them overnighted to the west USA.... won't lie, I cried in frustration.

The pet place in Olympia, I heard back from Larry, and he said he could get them for me, next fishing season in February, like 2018

I spoke to someone at Sierra Pets, sounded like she could get them, and she has the same name as me, so it's worthy a try. TBH, I don't think I can take another close call, the excitement and let down are too much for my soft heart. I wish I could unsee this puffer, forget I found it! like a teenager who's been dumped but still in love "I don't want the other fish in the sea, I want herrrrrr!"

Ps: @discus_2013 Larry does have a 3 yearl old Irrubesco pair at home, I had to bite my tongue so hard it nearly bled... I wanted to beg him to sell them, but my respect for others and self pride stopped me. He's a puffer lover also, he has 6 puffs.. and after 3 year, I know he's attached to the red eyes (plus they only live around 5 years). Thank you for the referral, I really like Larry, very honest and intelligent!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Thank you Vicki! Sad story, but I found a girl on FB yesterday with 3 Irrubescos she was trying to sell in June of last year. I messaged her bc I could not help myself. And... OMG she still had 2!!!!

Heart pounding, palms sweating, I beg her to ship anddddd...

She's in freakin Newfoundland Canada, as in further east coast than NY.... she said she couldn't get them overnighted to the west USA.... won't lie, I cried in frustration.

The pet place in Olympia, I heard back from Larry, and he said he could get them for me, next fishing season in February, like 2018

I spoke to someone at Sierra Pets, sounded like she could get them, and she has the same name as me, so it's worthy a try. TBH, I don't think I can take another close call, the excitement and let down are too much for my soft heart. I wish I could unsee this puffer, forget I found it! like a teenager who's been dumped but still in love "I don't want the other fish in the sea, I want herrrrrr!"

Ps: @discus_2013 Larry does have a 3 yearl old Irrubesco pair at home, I had to bite my tongue so hard it nearly bled... I wanted to beg him to sell them, but my respect for others and self pride stopped me. He's a puffer lover also, he has 6 puffs.. and after 3 year, I know he's attached to the red eyes (plus they only live around 5 years). Thank you for the referral, I really like Larry, very honest and intelligent!

Dude I was in Bridges in Snohomish, WA a few days ago and they had puffers - three different kinds, as I recall. One was a Figure 8 --- the other two I can't recall. Maybe give them a shout?

KnownToSome

Dude I was in Bridges in Snohomish, WA a few days ago and they had puffers - three different kinds, as I recall. One was a Figure 8 --- the other two I can't recall. Maybe give them a shout?

I called them today, really cool ladies I talked to. They seem to like the puffers over there too, she said they have never been on the list (she orders any puffs available bc they like them she said ☺️) but would keep a close eye for me.

I spoke to Sierra fish and pets, none on the list (shocker! ) but she called her "make it happen source" and he said give him two weeks and he'd do everything he can.

I found shipping overnight from Canada, and its way more reasonable then here in the US. The girl of FB agreed to ship, but when she found out that they won't pick the package up at her door she said no again. I guess she lives on an island and the closest shipper is 1.5 hours away and she doesn't want to have to take off work to drive that far to ship fish. Again, so close. If I could find a way to get her to drive there I would have TWO Irrubescos. Maybe I should offer to buy her hockey tickets, eh? (My best friend's Canadian, so I'm allowed to tease).

TBH, I'm feeling like Larry will be the one to get me them. He knows what he's talking about, even identified the right puffer fish genus by picture of what they get in, which is the correct puff. Waiting 8 months will kill me, but after this long... what other choice I got!

When I get these damn puffers I'm going to love them nearly to death!!! Even my 5 year old son is anxiouse to get our "red eye red eye red tail puffer" (don't know why they're red eyes twice over, but it's cute!)

KnownToSome

Well, after stalking mr. Larry for nearly a year... I’m hoping this month will be the one! I have seen them now in SC and MA, as well as U.K. Mexico and France! I’m seeing puffers in my sleep... I have decided that if they don’t come to me this year, I’m going drasticall another direction. Maybe a community tank... or cichlids. I have never been fond of either, but I always fall in love with whatever I keep. Though I have this feeling I will keep getting fish until this thirst is satisfied... I would love to keep something that doesn’t scowl out from the plants and driftwood! Only fish I ever see is my son’s Betta, all
My puffers glare out plotting my death, until “that staring lady” turns into “the feeding lady”. Then it’s back to angry plotting. Puffers!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Well, after stalking mr. Larry for nearly a year... I’m hoping this month will be the one! I have seen them now in SC and MA, as well as U.K. Mexico and France! I’m seeing puffers in my sleep... I have decided that if they don’t come to me this year, I’m going drasticall another direction. Maybe a community tank... or cichlids. I have never been fond of either, but I always fall in love with whatever I keep. Though I have this feeling I will keep getting fish until this thirst is satisfied... I would love to keep something that doesn’t scowl out from the plants and driftwood! Only fish I ever see is my son’s Betta, all
My puffers glare out plotting my death, until “that staring lady” turns into “the feeding lady”. Then it’s back to angry plotting. Puffers!

Oh man! You are destined to get this fish!

Interesting that, according to this article, they look way different in different parts of the trade? http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/carinotetraodon-irrubesco/

KnownToSome

Oh man! You are destined to get this fish!

Interesting that, according to this article, they look way different in different parts of the trade? http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/carinotetraodon-irrubesco/
The top picture is a Male, while the 2nd resembles a female Irrubesco, but is actually a C. Lorteti female, which are confused very easily as they look so much alike. These puffers are sexually dimorphic, so the boys and girls look very different. I think both sexes are beautiful...

I just passed on a SUPER rare albino (completely white, no flaws) T. Miurus (Congo or potatoe puffer) because I am so deeply hoping the tank will be needed for my little red eye puffs here soon.

I am very curios to find out: what’s the longest anyone has hunted for a fish, and what was the outcome? I know there must be others who have fought like heck to find what they love? I would enjoy hearing some stories

KnownToSome

4 years?!?! I don’t think I have that much persistence, I suppose it’s the spoiled American in me!

Really? Let me see, what color is your Congo?!?! What are you selling it for $$ wise?

KnownToSome

What!?!? Omg that is amazing!!!!! I would love to see it, and would be honored to have him! I do FW Fish disease, and have all my fish as rehomes. Usually they come to me on their death beds and I get them healthy again, but would lovvve to have a fish that I didn’t writhe in anguish out of fear I will loose them as they healed!

I feel like it’s Fish-mass!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I am very curios to find out: what’s the longest anyone has hunted for a fish, and what was the outcome? I know there must be others who have fought like heck to find what they love? I would enjoy hearing some stories

GREAT TOPIC!

I'm also interested in the same. I'm kind of impulsive, but most recently, I decided to get the Apistos I've always wanted (and had waited a long time for) and took the plunge at The Co-op. I bought a trio and one of the females died in the first week - sad. I think I have a male and a sneaker male - so I went and got another female looking fish and she just hides from the other two. I might move her somewhere else today. She seems sad to me. :-( The other two are brash, out-going and often picking at the Juli-coreys. Little poops.