where did all the central american fish keepers go?

Betty

Staff member
Nice. Always liked the buttekoferi. I saw one that had been turned in to a fish store that was way too big for the tank it was in, but if I had rescued it, it would have ended up in the same situation. I needed a much bigger tank!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
@lloyd378, Looking good!

Ive just got the two cichlids left

Porkchop the pearsei

Monty the het

Sadly I lost the snook...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Ive always enjoyed having cichlids but trying to find that perfect mix has always been difficult. There is always that power play struggle and one ends up getting beat on and picked on to death. I guess thats why you need more fish to spread aggression. With the bichirs it is just dominance and an occasional nip.

I dont know what I would do if I lost the pearsei.... I guess I would consider something in the amphilophus family again or a cool rare oscar, like the bumblebee oscar I used to have. Hopefully I dont need to make a choice like that anytime soon.

Here was my old Bumblebee Oscar
20jk7lg.jpg

Betty

Staff member
Sorry to hear about the snook @DMD123. The others are looking good.
This topic reminded me of the American vs African cichlid thread from years ago! :zipped

Nice pic and fish @discus_2013!

Madness

Staff member
@L190 your female terror is beautiful. I have several growing out from various breeders. Some are turning out quite nicely. If interested I may have a contact for some wild Freddie's.

@Betty oh yes, I still have the 300 gallon pleco tank. Haven't added to it in a long while though.