Skrittles Mix

julzhull

Thanks for the video @julzhull. Looks like it works well. It only took them a few seconds to discover that food. I'm going to see if I can come up with something like that on my own. I suspect the shipping would be more than the feeder and I don't need any other supplies.

I imagine you could do something with a small piece of PVC.

Betty

Staff member
@julzhull -- I was cutting the top inch or so off of a water bottle to try to rig a baffle for one of my filters and thought I might try it as a powdered food feeder. It worked! I had enough of the bottle to hold on to so my fingers didn't even get wet. I held it up there, swished the food around, watched most of it sink and removed it. This will save me from having to premix in a separate container. Thanks for the idea. :)

julzhull

@julzhull -- I was cutting the top inch or so off of a water bottle to try to rig a baffle for one of my filters and thought I might try it as a powdered food feeder. It worked! I had enough of the bottle to hold on to so my fingers didn't even get wet. I held it up there, swished the food around, watched most of it sink and removed it. This will save me from having to premix in a separate container. Thanks for the idea. :)
Awesome!

julzhull

She's like "whatever, I've got the food". That's my pleco with a "broken wing". That pectoral fin on the right side is funky.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
She's like "whatever, I've got the food". That's my pleco with a "broken wing". That pectoral fin on the right side is funky.

Awww. Sweet angel pleco.

I noticed yesterday that I haven't seen my Rubber Mouth around lately. No dead bodies - but he's usually a front and center kind of guy/gal.....

Edited to add: do you think Mr. Magic would EAT a PLECO?

julzhull

Awww. Sweet angel pleco.

I noticed yesterday that I haven't seen my Rubber Mouth around lately. No dead bodies - but he's usually a front and center kind of guy/gal.....

Edited to add: do you think Mr. Magic would EAT a PLECO?
"sweet angel pleco" that reminds me of a podcast I listen to. She says "sweet angel" a lot.

How big is Mr. Magic now? More importantly, how big is his mouth? If you got an old enough pleco he might not bother it.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
"sweet angel pleco" that reminds me of a podcast I listen to. She says "sweet angel" a lot.

How big is Mr. Magic now? More importantly, how big is his mouth? If you got an old enough pleco he might not bother it.

Mr. Magic is pretty dang big and his mouth is like a giant vacuous slit in his head. I'm sure when he opens up that maw, whatever's in front of him is sucked in like a toilet flush. He hasn't -- however - claimed any recent kills that I know of. I saved the last Rasbora and the last Cardinal tetra - they're in with the puffers in the 20 Long now.

I can't imagine he would eat Rubbie. But I cannot find him in the tank anywhere. *sniff*

julzhull

Found a cool berried brown female. I thought about taking the browns out but I keep bad of like their coloring. If they over populate the tank I'll put in a different tank.
image.jpeg