Aquarium club in Silverdale / Bremerton

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Hi, @sir_keith,

Welcome and thanks for sharing your interest! What you described is another good example of what a local club can become, and what I think we're looking for. It sounds like you have some experience with a some different clubs - with their organization, events, etc. I wonder if you'd be interested in helping get the ball rolling on this? Matt (@xmattiex) and I aren't far from you, it would be cool to sit down with someone local with your experience to discuss some of this.

I think the goal will be to collect the necessary information to start, along with good reasons why, and gather a group in Mid-August to discuss the "revival" of a Kitsap club. For everyone's information, I spoke with the Secretary of State office this week, and reinstating the old club is no longer a possibility, as it's been too long. That said, we'll be starting a brand new club. Roy (@Seattle_Aquarist) has been kind enough to PM me some info to help get the research going (thanks again!).

(P.S. I hope I used the @ correctly, I just caught on to what that thing is doing!)

Sure, I'd be happy to get involved, but just so we're clear, I really don't have all that much experience setting up or running a club; I was more of an enthusiastic member. And as far as organizing things; definitely not my forté. That said, keep me in the loop, and hopefully we can get together later this summer.

P. S.- I don't have a clue what this @ stuff is all about...