My Bichirs!

FishBeast

No more divider in the 120, just a bare tank with 7 ancient fish. The Koloton is the biggest, appears to also be the dominant one with some snapping but no nipping of fins or tail! Still having trouble finding a 75 gallon for sale at Petco! Can't set up the 210 without it...
IMG_4687.JPG

FishBeast

Once they are all used to each other and set up a pecking order you should be able to add a little decor as long as it is not too good of decor like a cave or something. If it is like that you will get one who will claim it and be super territorial. But something like a rock or driftwood that they can swim around and not hide in should work well.
@DMD123 you are right about the Koloton being a calming force in the tank. Like a gentle dominator hehehe

Will do this for sure! I've got a big 4 foot piece of driftwood I'm prepping... thank you for your tips my friend!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Leak testing the 210 now. still no sump! might bite the bullet and order a new one from Aquarium Paradise ($200) since all the ones on sale are so far away... :)
Curious to see your sump set up... been thinking about it on my tank but just not sure.

FishBeast

Curious to see your sump set up... been thinking about it on my tank but just not sure.
I'm having my friend who has marine tanks help me with it... I have to do a bunch of research on what specific configuration I'll have it in. For sure I want it to be an algae trap (or at least have something hanging on the side as an algae trap).

FishBeast

why don't you build your own? I plan on building one for my 260 gallon tank with two 40 gallon breeder
Oooh would love to see that build! Are you going to put plumbing between them? LOL I'm just being lazy at this time, super busy with work and getting ready for vacation...

If I don't find one, I'll just go with a 55 :)