Let's see those puffers!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I thought it was time for all of us to share our puffer fish.

Here is my little hairy puffer named Scruffy
IMG_20190106_175301604_BURST000_COVER_TOP (1).jpg

His home is a 65B filtered with an Aqua Clear 110 and an Eheim 2217 canister. Heater is a Fluval E-Series 300 watt. Light is a Current USA Satellite Plus
IMG_20181006_105819256.jpg
A puffer is not a puffer unless he puffs, lol
Here is a 'baby' pic of Scruffy
dsc01413.jpg

So let's see those puffers!

Last edited:

lymitliss

Most of mine are featured on my YouTube channel at one time or another, but for now I'll share the first picture I find of each. These are posted in the order I bought them. I have had five, but currently have four and will be getting more very soon.

My second Fahaka in his current tank-

20170206_165917_zpsmslrx6yw.jpg

My Hairy in his current tank-

IMG_2025_zpsaiic9xww.jpg

My Mbu in his old tank-

20161124_114858_zpslj3m8313.jpg

My Spotted Congo in his current tank-

IMG_2016_zpsotqooglr.jpg

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Nice puffs @lymitliss

If I had the space, I would have more. But the house is too small. :(

On my puffer wishlist would be an Arrowhead, Dragon, and Congo. I like the lurker types that can fit in a smaller tank.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be getting a Dragon soon, I may get an Arrowhead eventually. Do me a favor and tell me if this link works, I have videos of my puffers up here-

Www.youtube.com/lymitliss
Link works, cool videos!

When I was at Wet Spot a couple weeks back, they had quite a few Dragons in store.

Last edited:

Betty

Staff member
Those hairy puffers are too cute. Do they use the height of the tank or stay down toward the bottom?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Those hairy puffers are too cute. Do they use the height of the tank or stay down toward the bottom?

They are so ugly they are cute, lol.

They stay toward the bottom. I was hoping to do some small white clouds up top but I think he would catch them all. So I will just do up the decor with tall plants instead.

lymitliss

Yeah I put a few fish in with mine and he doesn't sleep until he annihilates them. One time he ate the Barbs I put in with him but left the face of one, I think it was a warning to the others.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I put a few fish in with mine and he doesn't sleep until he annihilates them. One time he ate the Barbs I put in with him but left the face of one, I think it was a warning to the others.
lol, he left the head Godfather style.

Up till now I have fed mine krill, earthworms/night crawlers, shrimp, silversides. Basically no live feeders except once with some livebearers. I dont make it a practice but I did feed a couple feeder goldfish and wow, I forgot how vicious of eaters they really are.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
They are so ugly they are cute, lol.

That's what people say about my English Bulldogs. I always tell them, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Trite, but true. I think bulldogs are the coolest dogs in the universe and I think puffers are, by far, the most fascinating fish in the hobby.

I've seen Murphy at The Co-Op eat clams lots and lots of times - both live and on video -- and I never, ever, ever get tired of it.

Betty

Staff member
That's what people say about my English Bulldogs. I always tell them, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Trite, but true. I think bulldogs are the coolest dogs in the universe and I think puffers are, by far, the most fascinating fish in the hobby.

I've seen Murphy at The Co-Op eat clams lots and lots of times - both live and on video -- and I never, ever, ever get tired of it.
I have a friend who has always had bulldogs and pugs. I wasn't crazy about those pug faces at first, but they grow on you. :)

I haven't been to the Co-op in a long time and didn't know about Murphy until I saw him on fishbeast's video. I used to watch Hank on the Hankcam once in a while and had seen him in the store. It was so sad when he passed.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I have a friend who has always had bulldogs and pugs. I wasn't crazy about those pug faces at first, but they grow on you. :).

Yes! Like mold! ha!

You'll have to pop on up for the next WA Fish Box Meet Up and Shop-a-Thon, Betty. If someone puts another one together sometime, I'm happy to bake something interesting to share! (I'm currently looking for a sugar cookie cut out shaped like a fish. Do you think I can find one? Oh heck no...)

I'm jealous. You knew Hank. *sniff*

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
BUMP

Come on I know we have a lot of puffer owners out there, lets see those pics!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
BUMP

Come on I know we have a lot of puffer owners out there, lets see those pics!

I posted my vid of Sean Puffy Combs having his way with a bloodworm gob in another thread....maybe this one? I can't keep track.