Hello from Bellingham

Jeffro

A big thanks to Cory for sharing all of his knowledge! He is truly passionate about his work and I'm totally jealous because he gets to do something he loves for a living! :)

I'm just another fish lover here on the forum. I recently got back into the hobby earlier this year when I found a Jellyfish aquarium for a good price. I then decided to get another freshwater aquarium...then another...and here I am.

Previously, I kept fish such as Firemouth Cichlids (my favorite), Jack Dempsy, Convicts, Texas Cichlid, Ghost Knife, Needlenose Gar, Dwarf Gourami (fun to try and breed), various tetras, celestial pearl danio, giant danio, amano shrimp, ghost shrimp, plecos, loaches, etc.

I now have some juvenile german blue rams, cardinal tetras, and small Siamese algae eater in a 20 gallon long planted. I recently added a 55 gallon and had planned on adding one of the Thorichthys genus besides the Firemouth. My new filter arrived damaged and I'm going to use Cory's recommended quarantine method on my 20 Long (I hope it doesn't kill the fish) before I seed the 55 gallon.

New (undamaged) filter arrived today and is running! :)

I do have a degree in Fisheries and Aquaculture, but did not particularly enjoy working at Salmon/Trout hatcheries in our state. It was fun in many ways, but also sad and did not pay the bills. Did some electrofishing, fyke and gill netting with the WDFW, stream surveys with NSEA, and realized that most of the great work in our state was volunteer run. :( Money goes to the salmon, unfortunately.

I also worked with the Noxious Weed Control Board in Skagit County to help remove Spartina, which was fun, but it was seasonal and somewhat controversial.

So, I went back to school for Computer Networking to make money year-round in this area.

And...here I am! Ready to enjoy sharing knowledge about aquarium fish and very excited to try some outdoor ponds this spring!