King's Discus - Seattle

KaraWolf

Still there! Finally visited. The name is very apt. 90% of their stock is discus, another 7% arowana of different sizes and the other 3% is goldfish, bettas and a tank of rummynose tetra.

Overall Experience 3
Cost ??
Quality of Fish 3
Variety 2
Service 2

The woman at the front desk had a smile but was mostly into whatever show she was watching hidden behind a bunch of tanks and Im not even sure she said Hi. Very narrow walkways with ok looking tanks. Lots and lots of discus in all the colors. Yellow ones were super pretty. Surprising amount of arrowana, though Ive definatly seen bigger stocked. Smallest one was maybe 5" and the massive tank near the frong was stocked with a school of them. Nothing was labeled. Anything that happened to be labled was wrong fish type and there were no prices. Quality depended on the tank. Some nice others with dead fish. Spent some time making them think I'll feed them, and watching the rummynose's school since I've been calling my local place waiting for the wholesaler to actually ship some.

Twila

Overall Experience: 4
Cost: 4
Quality of Fish: 4
Variety: 3 overall, 5 for discus & bettas
Service: 4

Went because I'm considering setting up a discus tank and dim sum is nearby! They had a good assortment of discus and several nicer than average bettas and some other fish too.
The woman at the register warmed up immensely once we began to chat fish & tanks & it became clear that we weren't just looky-loos.
While we're not ready for discus yet we did take a betta home.

image.jpeg