Hello

Dmf

Hi everyone. I am an east coast Chick, just checking out the fishies ;) I have 3 americans. No other fish but a few tanks empty tanks. I use Fluval filters and Pellets for feeding. Not to much to say. Kinda a quiet person. This was one of the only sites where I saw any information about Red Isletas So i joined up.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Welcome! I still have three isletas from my old pair ( 2 males, 1 female) and I recently gave a pair to a buddy of mine!

Reactions: Dmf

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
image.jpeg My Midas and red isletas growouts.... ( three fish are hiding)

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
image.jpeg My female I recently got back ( has a bout of hole in the head, but she's being treated for it)

Dmf

Sweet pics!! I keep my fish alone, one time i had my female red devil midas mix together but separated by a divider with the Red Isletas. she got under and I found her in the corner hiding in fear for her life. SO i am so scared to put them together. Right now i am trying to find tank big enough to split for them. Missed a sale at petsmart so frustrated about that!!! I dont breed they are my babies. I wish i could keep them with other fish, but I dont want to find dead fish and they have been alone so long might be impossible to mix them. What size tanks are your fish in? Right now mine are both in 75g. Ike is in a 100g. But I know he is a killer so I wont mix with him.

Madness

Staff member
Welcome, I posted pics of the grandad of your Isletas. Since you are from the East coast, there's a chance that yours are not from him but I think they have a good chance at being from him. I have sent hundreds of fry to Gage at cichlidexchange, as well as a handful of private hobbyists.