Hello from Poulsbo.

xmattiex

Hello all,

My name's Matt Kemp and I'm new to the forum. Several months back I got the itch and decided to return to aquaria after many years away (mostly due to work). In the past I mostly kept saltwater and didn't have much experience with keeping freshwater tanks, especially planted.

After getting back into the hobby I decided to give planted tanks a full go and now have several tanks running and have been dabbling in several different styles.

Current tanks:

- 40 breeder, FW planted, dutch iwagumi-ish: dwarf rainbows, pearl gouramis, otos, lots of amanos
- 20 high, FW planted: harlequin rasboras, bloodfin tetras, otos, amanos etc
- 20 long, New soon to be shrimp tank, thinking RCS but I may go the CRS route
- My girlfriend also has a 3.5 gal Betta tank that is also planted, mostly anubias, crypts, moss etc

I also have plenty of other keeping experience/interests including reptiles, arachnids etc

Looking forward to swapping ideas/info with everyone!

Gizmo

Welcome to the forum! I'm down in Bremerton, along with a few others. I've got some Red Cherry Shrimp that I'm ok with culling a bit, if you'd like a starter colony for your shrimp tank :)

xmattiex

Welcome to the forum! I'm down in Bremerton, along with a few others. I've got some Red Cherry Shrimp that I'm ok with culling a bit, if you'd like a starter colony for your shrimp tank :)
That would be great. I'm looking to get a few groups from different stocks to start a healthy brood.

Gizmo

Be careful with multiple varieties of dwarf shrimp in the same tank - if they all start interbreeding, the recessive genes that give them their unique coloring will fade and they'll turn an opaque brown (their natural/dominant coloring).

xmattiex

Be careful with multiple varieties of dwarf shrimp in the same tank - if they all start interbreeding, the recessive genes that give them their unique coloring will fade and they'll turn an opaque brown (their natural/dominant coloring).
Sorry, I meant multiple genetic strains from the same varieties, but good to know about the potential problems. I was thinking all RCS or all CRS.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Welcome to the forum. I'm in Poulsbo too. I love planted tanks, but with my fishroom now dominated by Tropheus and featherfins, that doesn't work so well. :D

Erxkeel

I have a batch of BN Pleco's coming in a few weeks if you are interested let me know. I am willing to trade or whatever.

BabyGirl77

Welcome to the forum! I am in Bremerton, just like Gizmo. He is the one who got me to join this forum. It is a great forum.