Aquarium Co-Op in Edmonds

NightFury

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 3
Service 5

I think everyone here knows the store by now. Amazing for what it is. Wish they had more cichlids and general non live fish products. Great staff and unique ideas. Wish some of the other stores would take notice.

dwarfpike

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality 5
Variety 4
Service 5

Best place I've seen for nano tanks hands down. Being a cichlid guy, seeing more midsize and larger cichlids would be nice, but it's understandable given the space (Variety per square foot would be rated at a 10) and I have no doubt that Cory would order something in if I really wanted it. I love the quiet feel of the place, nothing but bubbles is very smoothing.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've created a discount for Wafishbox members for ordering online. Use Code WAFISHBOX to get 5% off your order. You can ship it or do in store pickup. Does not stack with other discounts. Enjoy :)

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've created a discount for Wafishbox members for ordering online. Use Code WAFISHBOX to get 5% off your order. You can ship it or do in store pickup. Does not stack with other discounts. Enjoy :)
Just stopped in to do a review on Aquarium CoOp on-line store . Wish I would have remembered to used the WashingtonFishBox discount . Or remembered to use my GSAS membership discount.....

Anyway,

AquariumCoop on-line store

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish - n/a
Variety 5
Service 5

My 1st hard good purchase on-line. It was quick , easy, with an informative website. $6 shipping for hard goods impressed me. If it was one of those $15-$20 shipping deals I wouldn't have made my hard good purchase. Good job putting this together Cory I was definitely impressed.

Cory comes through YET again with fantastic service! Although I have only ordered a few times online he has taken care of me each time and I will purchase most of what I need for supplies through him in the future because of this.
Thanks!

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish - n/a Can't comment...yet!
Variety 5
Service 5

Overall Experience 4+
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Selection 4
Plant selection 3
Service 5

Don't get up there often enough, but always enjoy the experience. Always good to see Hank. Missed seeing Cory, although Lamont took good care of us! Picked up some panda and skunk corys for my collection. I was surprised that his plant selection was so limited this time. Probably just between orders. Store is always clean and well maintained.

By the way, if you haven't experienced the food at the pizza/deli shop at the end of the strip, the submarine sandwich is a 5+!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah we sell so many plants we having them coming in all the time. Plant land on Friday, and Monday from two different wholesalers.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

I did not get an opportunity to stay long since I had non fish people with me. Always impressed with the cleanliness of the store and the tanks, which my wife has mentioned too. Ended up buying a cool piece of driftwood for my fishtank and of course stopping in to see Hank. Cory runs a great store and its always a pleasure to stop in.

flamechica

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Great selection, great price, knowledgeable staff and not too terribly far from where I live. No complaints here. The last place I used to go to that had this kind of selection (but not quite up to Cory's quality standards) closed down a few years ago and I didn't think I would ever find another place like it. Finding this store and this forum has renewed my interest in the hobby again.

ziggyzoo

flamechica said:
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Great selection, great price, knowledgeable staff and not too terribly far from where I live. No complaints here. The last place I used to go to that had this kind of selection (but not quite up to Cory's quality standards) closed down a few years ago and I didn't think I would ever find another place like it. Finding this store and this forum has renewed my interest in the hobby again.

100% agree

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Very Nice and clean store, and very knowledgable staff. wish it was closer. when are you branching out? Auburn needs a decent fish store!!

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

I have been in to the Co-Op before, but today was the first time I really got to experience it. I got there shortly after it opened and it was busy for mid day on a Monday. I explained to Cory that I've tried several times, without success, to start up a planted tank. I told him what equipment I had on hand and what my goals were and I took up more than my fair share of his time while he explained the right and wrong way to go about what I want to accomplish. At one point, he even talked me out of some higher difficulty plans and a piece of equipment that I thought I needed, but really isn't necessary. That alone was refreshing. The only thing I marked the store down for was price - It is a little more expensive than other LFS's I frequent, and certainly more expensive than anything online, but not outrageously so at all. But as we discussed, I will willingly pay a little more to go into a small store and talk to someone who really knows what they are doing to get it right the first time.

I have my plants sitting in a 20 gallon at the moment until I can clear out the 50 that I'm going to convert over to planted. Stay tuned for a journal type post - I'm going to need a lot of help along the way.

panaque

This is a great store. The fish are the healthiest of any fish store I have ever gone to. The reason I believe this true is the quarantine process all fish for sale go through. I dont know of any other stores that do this, and it makes my buying decision easy and stress free. The tanks are clean, well stocked with a great variety, and seem happy. The owner is well known for taking great care of his fish as well and it really shows. They have a really nice selection of plants on hand and lots of great foods including black worms. My fish love those! I give this store all 5's and its my new go to store!

jettej

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4 (Its kind of 5 as well because of the quality of the fish)
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5 (Gets really competitive on having "rare/hard to find" aquatic species)
Service 5

Cory and Lamont were very good guys. Very informative. Honest and straight to the point. Happy with my visit and transaction as well.

Jeth

GoodnNuff

Overall Experience 5+
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 5

My first visit yesterday, and worth the drive from Kent to Edmonds. I was very impressed. Clean store, clean tanks, great looking fish and plants! Lamont was working and was very helpful and informative. Looking forward to going back when I have more time and with a list of questions regarding my planted tank trials...lol. Has to be the nicest store in the Greater Puget Sound.

Loren

Overall Experience 5
Cost 3 - In the fish world cheap and quality don't often mix. However they do have weekly sales. :)
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

It is a good thing that I live in Mill Creek otherwise I would probably be hanging out there all too often. The store has it all....a wide variety of great fish, fantastic and knowledgeable staff and some really cool show tanks. The video section on their website is incredible and filled will great tips and DIY projects.

Stingro

One of the stores I frequent because I love all fish and Co Op is the perfect store to satisfy my hobby for smaller fishes. I've gotten most of my smaller fish here and even some of my bichirs. Young endlicheri and delhezi both at fair prices and great quality. I hope Co Op would carry bigger fish and have bigger tanks to sell them in. It would save me a lot of mileage since I live like 4 mins away. This store is very high quality and they have a very clean quarantine room for newly arrive shipments. Can't go wrong going here.

Overall Experience 4
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 3
Service 4

Last edited:
I just went there for the first time and I loved it, pus I got to meet the man himself, Cory McElroy, but I didn't buy any fish so I cant say for sure how good the quality of fish is, so this is what I rate it

Overall experience 5
cost 4
quality of fish 5
variety 4
service 5

Twila

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5
I've been going here for several years now, and everyone is always very helpful and knowledgeable. The store is always well kept and all of the fish look content and well tended. They have a small, but focused, selection of equipment and supplies too. I like that they sell what they recommend and use themselves. It takes a lot of the guess work out of what to buy. I also bought and just setup a 120 gallon custom acrylic tank from them. It's really well made and a pleasure to look at. I'm looking forward to stocking it!

IMG_5151.JPG