Huge Tanks Fish Room!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Awesome video and discussion!
I'd love to get my hands on some of his Chanco fry..... I had a female but could never source a male ..... Hoping shawns spawn or somehow Mel saves some fry from them again!!!!

Modest_Man

Good to see Mel is still rocking the huge tanks.

Tell Mel there was a guy from Central America who collected some red dovii and was spawning them trying for the color morph in the offspring a couple years ago.

I did some searching and his name is Mauricio Parra and he is from Costa Rica. Post #93
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/red-dovii-xanthic-dovii.573100/page-4

His YouTube channel has a video from February this year with some colored juveniles (orange and white; looks like the trait is similar to the Amphilophus genus where it is not just one solid color and some fish have not changed color).

A bit of a tangent, but if Mel is serious about the red dovii it may be a lead.

ArtPleco

Good lord that was a great video! It had so much information. Love seeing people that have been in the hobby so long that they provide so much knowledge and passion to the table.

Maybe a little bias here, but with 600 and 1000 gallon, it would have some large blue panaque and scarelet 25s and in the 600, 100 l46 zebras. Rofl.