Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
The big endli came out for a look around so a couple pics of her

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good dmd.....

And for why I say Laverne has weird eyes is maybe because her head is so flattened compared to her immense roundness. So she totally has a bullfrog look to her

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
No pics just a little written update.

All fish are doing well but Im not able to do too much due to hand surgery. I cant get it wet.... lol. That really puts a damper on things. Just another week and stitches come out and I can get back at it.

I decided to order a different food to try on my polys
5900469624067_1400x.jpg

It is a high protein food like Massivore, hopefully without the stink. I had read a little bit on it on another site and wanted to try it but it was a little difficult to find. Well it looks like Amazon will carry and it is available online at other places.

Some info posted on another ste: http://www.predatoryfishkeepers.com...e-Tablets-amp-Hai-Feng-Bottom-Dweller-pellets

I am waiting for my order to come in but really like the size compared toMassivore. It is slightly smaller and should be easier for my polys to takedown. I will post more when it comes in.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting! I like the smaller size... keep us posted on how the polys take to it! Get that hand healed up! :)
Thank you, its all on the mend. Been down this road before. Trigger finger surgery second time.

The Tropical Carnivore vs Massivore size comparison
zpostIMG_8251.jpg

Picture from: http://www.predatoryfishkeepers.com...e-Tablets-amp-Hai-Feng-Bottom-Dweller-pellets

My polys are at that point where the Hikari Carnivore is too little and the Massivore is a bit big. The Tropical Carnivore looks about right. Would love to try the Hai Feng stuff but cant find it available for sale here.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
You need a shoulder length glove, @DMD123 . I bought a pair at a fishing supply store and use them when I have a cut or something on my hand.
I used to have a pair... not sure where they were packed when we did the big move, lol. But all is well with the hand and I can work on the tanks now with no issue.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Speaking of LARGE FISH KEEPERS, I've been watching videos on YouTube with the Ohio Fish Rescue. Have you seen those videos? He takes in giant fish that outlive their tanks AND if the person gets a bigger tank and wants them back, they can do that. The dude in charge has the most epic mullet of all time too, by the way. His tanks are amazeballs.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ohio+fish+rescue

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of LARGE FISH KEEPERS
He is a pretty large guy.... wait for it...lol. The English language is great for having two different meanings! :p

Yeah that guy does keep some LARGE fish.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
A little bichir update

The big girl Croc
IMG_20171203_104616818.jpg

Hulk the Faranah lap
IMG_20171224_135746324.jpg

IMG_20171224_135733768.jpg

Koliba lap
IMG_20180128_152453176.jpg

IMG_20180128_152609756.jpg

IMG_20180128_152624509.jpg

Nessie the weeksii - always has a happy face :)
IMG_20180128_191959878.jpg

IMG_20180128_192036351.jpg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Any angled shots of croc? My two endli are 18” and 15” and the 18” one is has massive girth.... I’d love to compare it to your beasts to see how well I’m doing. Haha

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Any angled shots of croc? My two endli are 18” and 15” and the 18” one is has massive girth.... I’d love to compare it to your beasts to see how well I’m doing. Haha
I havent got a lot of new pics of Croc probably an old one somewhere of her at an angle. Endli are one of the coolest of the lower jaw polys for sure. They just look so prehistoric.

Croc has settled down on the eating and her growth rate has slowed way down. She is about 18 1/2” at best estimate.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
6DC30009-F864-4F24-8C10-6B456B60020A.jpeg Here is Laverne ... the bigger of the two I have.... this pic is about a month old but doesn’t do her girth any justice....

Both of mine are captive bred so I’m guessing that plays a roll....

I love the look of croc!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Laverne is thick!

Captive born polys can have a tendency to overeat and get thick. Back in the day when Croc was going through her main growth spurt she was thicker too. I like her a little leaner looking. Ever since I cut the Massivore out of the polys diet they just dont carry the weight (girth) like they used to. They just look healthier.

Laverne seems to look good and healthy, not too thick, so I wouldnt worry about anything.

Im super happy with Croc as to her look, just bad temperament being super mean and territorial. She is a Dabola "Tinkisso river' endli from Toyin at Rehoboth aquatics. Another nice wild caught is the Faranah Endli. I has the flat head profile but said to be a bit calmer than the Dabola. A while back Wet Spot had these Faranah laps and they get theirs from Toyin.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
He is a pretty large guy.... wait for it...lol. The English language is great for having two different meanings! :p

Yeah that guy does keep some LARGE fish.

LMAOO @ wait for it

He's an amazing guy and WHAT a fish room!!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I rearranged the decor in the tank and it confused the polys, lol. The big endli is a little less snappy and the three laps are hanging out a lot now.