Floating Reef

Keefe

20171213_150419.jpg
No Idea who still follows this, But I felt the need to do 2 things 1) update you all on my Nano Reef and 2) if anyone wants more updates on the Nano Reef, Freckles, and the z00-med 50 Gallon Lowboy youre more than welcome to Follow me on Instagram @Keefesreefs :D I would like to wish you all a very happy holiday season, and a happy new year. :D

clownie

Looks cool! How's the clam doing for you. During my reefin days I always struggled with those things, but I kicked ass on growing out huge sps colonies.

Keefe

@VickiK what kind of details do you want?

The clam is a Tridacna squamosa, which live mostly in the sand instead of rocky outcroppings using its size to keep it in place.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
@VickiK what kind of details do you want?

The clam is a Tridacna squamosa, which live mostly in the sand instead of rocky outcroppings using its size to keep it in place.

*googling* Thanks for the details. I'm just interested. I'll never keep saltwater so I have to live vicariously thru you.
KEEP CLAM! (that's a local Ivar's Fish House saying - fyi)

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Oh wow.

I know this going to sound dumb, but how do you get attached to a coral? I know it's a living thing but it doesn't have eyes or ears and it doesn't wag it's fin at you? I know. Tell me to shut up.

Keefe

Nah, Its less attached and more like the feeling of creating a living art piece that you arrange and maintain and everyday it becomes just that much more beautiful.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Nah, Its less attached and more like the feeling of creating a living art piece that you arrange and maintain and everyday it becomes just that much more beautiful.

You know, in retrospect, it's probably very much how I feel about my houseplants. I got a ton of them all over the house and I think of them, not as pets, but as a responsibility -- but with feeling? Not sure I'm explaining that well at all...but when one of my plants is going teats up, I'm always sad and think, "What could I have done better...?"