WTB 4-6 foot long driftwood

FishBeast

Hello WA FishBoxers!

Anybody with leads on where to source clean non-marine driftwood locally? I'm looking for manzanita primarily or other, just needs to be 4-6 feet long, as thick and branched as possible.

I'm looking at online options and though the wood itself is reasonably priced, the shipping is a bank-breaker (freight).

If you have a good sized piece that you are willing to sell, please post a photo and your price! Thank you!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I have purchased branches here: http://www.manzanita.com/aqwood.htm

Its cool because you can see pics of the piece you buy and freight was not that much. I also asked for a couple 'extra' small branches to look like the pieces had broke off the main and they sent those in the box at no charge. Very happy with dealing with them. I dont have the Manzanita anymore but was happy with the company.

Pleco Jim

Hello WA FishBoxers!

Anybody with leads on where to source clean non-marine driftwood locally? I'm looking for manzanita primarily or other, just needs to be 4-6 feet long, as thick and branched as possible.

I'm looking at online options and though the wood itself is reasonably priced, the shipping is a bank-breaker (freight).

If you have a good sized piece that you are willing to sell, please post a photo and your price! Thank you!
I have several pieces (20 or more) of manzanita. They arnt 4 feet long but they could defenitaly be placed together to be as long as you'd like. And I've been asking 50 percent or less than retail for them. All of it is hand collected, power washed and never used.

Loren

I thought that you were making a really silly request for 4" - 6" manzanita until I realized you want 4' - 6'.

Best of luck with finding some.

FishBeast

I have several pieces (20 or more) of manzanita. They arnt 4 feet long but they could defenitaly be placed together to be as long as you'd like. And I've been asking 50 percent or less than retail for them. All of it is hand collected, power washed and never used.
Thanks Jim! I'm looking for a solid piece at this time but I'll let you know if I need some. Got any pics?

L190

@FishBeast if you ever go camping around the Puget sound you can go hunting for Madrona branches. In September I went camping on lopez Island and found a bunch of Madrona branches, some were 4' but I could only keep the smaller pieces since I couldn't fit anything larger in the car with the camping gear.

FishBeast

@FishBeast if you ever go camping around the Puget sound you can go hunting for Madrona branches. In September I went camping on lopez Island and found a bunch of Madrona branches, some were 4' but I could only keep the smaller pieces since I couldn't fit anything larger in the car with the camping gear.
Thank you! I did see some up on Orcas last time we went... I wasn't sure if beach driftwood was ok for freshwater tanks? Do you process them in a specific way?

L190

Mine wasn't beach driftwood. It was the branches that broke and dried up in the forest. I have grabbed driftwood from the coast when I went razor clamming, all I do is soak the wood for a long time. All the fish seem ok with the wood.

FishBeast

Where do you live in WA? I have crap loads of madrona. This piece is huge, contemplating using it myself but I can find anything

View attachment 4414
That looks awesome! I’m in Gig Harbor but I can go to you... do you have approximate dimensions? Or if you could take a pic with a soda can that would be awesome. Also how much would you want for it?

Manakh

That looks awesome! I’m in Gig Harbor but I can go to you... do you have approximate dimensions? Or if you could take a pic with a soda can that would be awesome. Also how much would you want for it?
I will take another picture tomorrow for you, like I said though this piece is real big and might need trimming, but I have a good number of pieces. do note though some prep is required for them still. As far as price I would say after I get a new pic maybe make an offer. If you do make the trek you can see what madrona looks like in my tank too.

Last edited: