Red terrors first spawnspawn

discus_2013

Sorry guys, after yet another heater failure temp went down to 70 degrees, half the eggs turned white so I decided to pull the slate and start over, I now have male and female separate for a few weeks to allow her some recovery time because my male was ready to go as soon as I pulled eggs, don't want her to get beat up so I am in the hurry up and wait stage before I try again.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Thank you for giving the girl a nice respite from the nonsense of procreation.

discus_2013

Yeah the male would have killed her if I didn't, plus they are about to get moved to the new 450 gallon so I don't want to deal with fry until I get all set up.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Yeah the male would have killed her if I didn't, plus they are about to get moved to the new 450 gallon so I don't want to deal with fry until I get all set up.

Remember - pics or it didn't happen! *hee hee*

Wow Red Terror males KILL their mates? Holy Moley. In the new big tank, she'll have places to hide to get away from him or ? What do you do?

discus_2013

I got this pair from a guy in Georgia, he doesn't have more of these at the time because his supplier was out of Florida and lost all stock during the hurricane, however he is able to get wc rio esmereldas at 3" I have a lone 6" wc rio esmereldas female if you are able to source a male, also I saw an ad on Craigslist advertising all sizes a few days ago, no info on genetics behind them though.

FishBeast

Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood has a breeding pair of festae. They are selling some F1 fry last I checked!

I got this pair from a guy in Georgia, he doesn't have more of these at the time because his supplier was out of Florida and lost all stock during the hurricane, however he is able to get wc rio esmereldas at 3" I have a lone 6" wc rio esmereldas female if you are able to source a male, also I saw an ad on Craigslist advertising all sizes a few days ago, no info on genetics behind them though.
Well I’m looking a male or even a pair