Hello from Nebraska

Cole

Found your tank build again! :) Did you order it from Pentaire directly? I am in awe of how neat and organized your fish room and turtle tank are!

Yep. We ordered it directly from Pentair about 1.5 years ago. Back then, shipping was included in the price. Not sure if that's the case still, or not. Overall, it was the best option for being able to keep our FRT. Would have liked to have custom ordered a longer tank from them, but we were in a time crunch after our 300 gallon leaked.

Thanks...some days the fish room is cleaner than others...lol.

Cole

I know. I love this thread. It's my "fantasy fish room thread".

I wanna hug that turtle.
If he'd let me. lol

You have an open invitation...and I think the turtle might let you give him a little shell rub. He does keep people he hasn't met yet a little distance at first, but I'm sure he'd come around in no time.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
You have an open invitation...and I think the turtle might let you give him a little shell rub. He does keep people he hasn't met yet a little distance at first, but I'm sure he'd come around in no time.

*swooning at the possibility of such a marvelous thing*<3

VickiK

Member with a lot to say

Funny side story - when I was working as a volunteer in the PAWS Wildlife Rescue center here in Lynnwood, WA, I had the task of scrubbing native turtles who were experiencing severe shell rot. Veterinarians couldn't figure out why this was happening and so the turtles in our care - some very large actually for a local turtle - got shell scrubbings with antibacterial soap and a solution applied afterward. Not sure what that was. The vet made it up.

Well there was this one turtle - the largest one - I called him Bob (no idea why) but he LIKED to have his shell scrubbed and, in fact, would extend his male member so that the unknowing would FREAK OUT. It happened a lot. You see that turtle weenie coming out like a snake and it's a bit crazy..........

Cole

Funny side story - when I was working as a volunteer in the PAWS Wildlife Rescue center here in Lynnwood, WA, I had the task of scrubbing native turtles who were experiencing severe shell rot. Veterinarians couldn't figure out why this was happening and so the turtles in our care - some very large actually for a local turtle - got shell scrubbings with antibacterial soap and a solution applied afterward. Not sure what that was. The vet made it up.

Well there was this one turtle - the largest one - I called him Bob (no idea why) but he LIKED to have his shell scrubbed and, in fact, would extend his male member so that the unknowing would FREAK OUT. It happened a lot. You see that turtle weenie coming out like a snake and it's a bit crazy..........

That's awesome! Bet that was an awesome and rewarding experience. There is an awesome YouTube channel...Kamp Kenan...he's a passionate turtle/tortoise keeper...he talks all the time about the sensitivity of turtles and how they love to be touched on their shells.

FishBeast

Hahaha Vicki your stories are always hilarious! And +1 for using male member AND turtle weenie in the same paragraph LOL

FishBeast

I’ll have to email them for a quote but if shipping were included that would be even more outstanding!

Cole

I’ll have to email them for a quote but if shipping were included that would be even more outstanding!

There's used to be a 10% off code that would pop up on their site when you went there for the first time, too. Not sure if that's still on there...but it's something to look out for.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
That's awesome! Bet that was an awesome and rewarding experience. There is an awesome YouTube channel...Kamp Kenan...he's a passionate turtle/tortoise keeper...he talks all the time about the sensitivity of turtles and how they love to be touched on their shells.

I'm gonna check that guy out. Cory's turtles are making have turtle fantasies I have no room for.