Large cichlids and other fish

L190

Since this forum has been very skewed towards plants and shrimp, I decided to post pictures of my monster fish in my 450 gallon tank. Sorry for the pic quality, just did a wc and camera on phone isn't good. I'll probably update with better pics when I can "borrow" the wife's dslr
P_20170720_002237.jpg
P_20170720_002146.jpg
P_20170720_002126.jpg
P_20170720_002011.jpg
P_20170720_002108.jpg
P_20170720_002031.jpg P_20170720_002116.jpg

Loren

Thanks for sharing. We have a few others here as well with big tanks and big fish and I am sure that they will appreciate you posting.

Betty

Staff member
Yes, the shrimp are cute, but it's nice to see some big fish as well.

What is that fish in the last photo?

L190

Cichlasoma diadema I believe. My favorite cichlids so far is the true parrot cichlid, 5th picture, and the Argenta, 4th picture

Betty

Staff member
I was starting to learn some of these big american cichlids and then everyone stopped posting them on here! o_O
The hogaboomorum was one that I really liked.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I like BIG FISH and I cannot Lie -- those other brothers can't deny --- when a fish swims in with a giant fin.... you get SPRUNG....

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hey @L190 - I got a few "medium" size and I think Tankie (Texas Red Cichlid) is going to outgrow his tank in NO TIME.

Loren

I like BIG FISH and I cannot Lie -- those other brothers can't deny --- when a fish swims in with a giant fin.... you get SPRUNG....

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hey @L190 - I got a few "medium" size and I think Tankie (Texas Red Cichlid) is going to outgrow his tank in NO TIME.
I can imagine you singing that song to your dogs.

And, yes I feel sorry for them.

Madness

Staff member
Nice cichlids. I haven't posted many of mine lately. :( If I have time tomorrow I'll post a thread with pics of what I have on file. I definitely don't have pics of all of my fin kids.