Photobucket Change!

Betty

Staff member
It seems Photobucket has changed something with their linking to sites and some of the pics posted to this forum are messed up now. They are now charging to link.

I don't know why some photos show up and others are replaced with an image from photobucket. Like in this topic, for example -- notice all of the photos are gone! http://www.wafishbox.com/forums/threads/less-aqua.13348/
http://www.wafishbox.com/forums/threads/less-aqua.13348/
So if you use photobucket to post pics here, double-check and make sure they show up.

Betty

Staff member
As of today, all of my photos that I've posted through my photobucket account are gone. :mad:
This is infuriating.

Loren

I have had a photobucket account for years but recently started using imgur because photobucket has been so slow and has so many popup adds.

Betty

Staff member
I'll have to look at imgur or another alternative before the forum banners I posted in Media all disappear too! I had a separate photobucket account for those and the photo contest pics. I'd hate for those to all vanish as well.

Mike16T

I'll have to look at imgur or another alternative before the forum banners I posted in Media all disappear too! I had a separate photobucket account for those and the photo contest pics. I'd hate for those to all vanish as well.
You might need to save a copy of those pictures in your local drive and download it to Imgur

Betty

Staff member
You might need to save a copy of those pictures in your local drive and download it to Imgur
Thanks Mike. I think I have them on my computer somewhere, and they will still be in photobucket. It's just that they won't show up on the forum unless I pay to upgrade my photobucket account.

Mike16T

Thanks Mike. I think I have them on my computer somewhere, and they will still be in photobucket. It's just that they won't show up on the forum unless I pay to upgrade my photobucket account.

Photobucket will be out of business or bought out again in the near future for sure. There are many alternative services that are free than photobucket and better.

Betty

Staff member
Yeah, I used to like pb, but the past couple of years they changed and I don't like it anymore. It sucks that they would break links to photos posted on websites long ago and start charging for those to show on the sites now.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Yeah, I used to like pb, but the past couple of years they changed and I don't like it anymore. It sucks that they would break links to photos posted on websites long ago and start charging for those to show on the sites now.

I'm really enjoying Googlephotos and my AmazonPrime photos. They automatically update from my phone.