Mystus bimaculatus?

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
@Tank - Tank is loving the Fluval Bug Bites. I also put in a titch of bloodworm in the morning which seems to disappear also. Just want to make sure he/she has a nice robust diet.

BTW he hasn't bothered any of the plants - not one bit. And there's a ton of them in there.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Incidentally, was buying blood worms and dog food at Pet Smart today on Hwy 99 in Lynnwood and what do you know -- they have a tank full - ok, five or six --- MR MAGICs. They call him an "Eclipse Catfish". They weren't expensive either, as I recall.

Mine is about 6" long now and I never see him except when I peek into his hidey hole and he's in there, looking back at me. lol

Tank

@Tank - Tank is loving the Fluval Bug Bites. I also put in a titch of bloodworm in the morning which seems to disappear also. Just want to make sure he/she has a nice robust diet.

BTW he hasn't bothered any of the plants - not one bit. And there's a ton of them in there.

Haha They don't the start destroying plants until they are a little bit bigger and more aggressive like most cichlids.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Oh yeah....that's right... an updated pic of Mr. Magic. By the way, the PetSmart in Lynnwood has more Mr. Magics and they call them "Eclipse Catfish". WTH? Anyway, here he is. In all his Rubber Mouth Pleco Munching Glory.... (because what else could have happened...?)

Mr Magic 7.11.17.jpg

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Haha They don't the start destroying plants until they are a little bit bigger and more aggressive like most cichlids.

Tankie is really enjoying his/her flower pots these days. There's two but he/she gravitates toward the larger one - but he/she can easily fit in both. No plant destruction yet!

Renegade Aquatics

Oh yeah....that's right... an updated pic of Mr. Magic. By the way, the PetSmart in Lynnwood has more Mr. Magics and they call them "Eclipse Catfish". WTH? Anyway, here he is. In all his Rubber Mouth Pleco Munching Glory.... (because what else could have happened...?)

View attachment 4127
I've never been one for common names, but I assume the eclipse name is because of the black spot with the gold, looks similar to an eclipse. I suppose if you think of the gold around his spot like the rays of the sun peeking out from behind the moon.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I've never been one for common names, but I assume the eclipse name is because of the black spot with the gold, looks similar to an eclipse. I suppose if you think of the gold around his spot like the rays of the sun peeking out from behind the moon.

I like how Mr. Magic's eye looks like one of those glue on googly eyes you see at craft stores. LOL

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
He's gotta be at least 5" at this point. He uses that plant like a pillow. He's chillaxing on it as we speak. 6" was a fish tale. He can't be that big.

He's my favorite fish I never see. lol