where did all the central american fish keepers go?

Betty

Staff member
They went away just like all of the African cichlid keepers did. I blame facebook. I'm guessing that's where everyone went -- I don't know for sure because I don't use it. But it's sad that all of the cichlid people are gone. :( Actually, there only seem to be a handful of us who still post here, cichlid or otherwise. QQ

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
lol, the site became a shrimp and plant forum! Still some cichlid guys here but been a bit slower. I settled on stock so hadnt done much but just grow out what I had. I currently only have two cichlids with the Pearsei and het but have put my focus on my bichirs.

@lloyd378 and @Madness still do centrals but also been a lot less active here.

L190

I just go with the flow of the site, currently it is plants and shrimp. I have a bit of everything: monster fish (arowana, puffer, bichirs, cichlids), planted tanks, and shrimp

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still raising them! I have a

15" male Dovii
14" red devil
10" Midas
6" male chanco ( unconfirmed mom so not 100%)
5-6 5"midevils ( xiloensis crossed with red isletas)
3 & 4" jag
1.5" red Texas
6x trimac fry Rio saribia
7x f2 red devil fry

South American
2x 6" chocolate cichlids
3x Rio mag umbee fry

African:
6" buttekoferi
10" hemichromis frempongi
Multiple bichirs

Plecos:
18" sailfin
13" sailfin
5-6 bristlenose plecos ( chocolate and albino)
Clown pleco

discus_2013

What are you keeping?
I am just starting out, I have a pair of red terrors, a pair of jags, and a pair of dempseys, ( I just got the dempseys because the female is proven and I will pair her up with an electric blue when I fiND one), my next purchase will be fredrichstalii and really thinking about some umbee

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I am just starting out, I have a pair of red terrors, a pair of jags, and a pair of dempseys, ( I just got the dempseys because the female is proven and I will pair her up with an electric blue when I fiND one), my next purchase will be fredrichstalii and really thinking about some umbee
Once you go umbee, you never go back!!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
The last umbee I owned along with two quick pics from tonight of my buttekoferi in his dirty glass tank.....IMG_7426.JPG IMG_1837.JPGIMG_1838.JPG