Skrittles Mix

julzhull

Hhahahahha.. You stole my idea!! :rofl:rofl:rofl
It's all good.. That should look really good once the leaves over take. Will be a while though since buces grows slow. I opted with mini xmas moss for mine.
I did totally steal it. But it was only worth stealing because it was AWESOME :D. That was a labor of love tying all those on last night. I only have the cubes tied together, I should probably glue them. I'm liking the ledges so I can get some things up off the substrate and I can see the shrimp a little better. I had one small red one hanging out on that last night.

Mike16T

I did totally steal it. But it was only worth stealing because it was AWESOME :D. That was a labor of love tying all those on last night. I only have the cubes tied together, I should probably glue them. I'm liking the ledges so I can get some things up off the substrate and I can see the shrimp a little better. I had one small red one hanging out on that last night.

Hahhah... I did glued my cubes. I tied the moss first and glued the mesh to the cube also.

Mike16T

I'm thinking about it! It would have to be a type that tolerates hard water. I don't know anything about shrimp so will have to do a little research.

Neos only then. If you want Cardinas or Taiwan bees, you need RO water and reminelize it.

julzhull

P.S. I'm cleaning the muck up from that tank tonight. That pic looks awful but couldn't help but take a photo of all the shrimp. I need to put some food in and hand pluck some pond snails out. I hate those things.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Your little shrimpies might be enjoying that "muck". LOL

Aww @ Pond Snails. Does anyone else in your zoo eat them?

julzhull

Your little shrimpies might be enjoying that "muck". LOL

Aww @ Pond Snails. Does anyone else in your zoo eat them?
The puffer would but they'd have to get 4 times the size for him to see them. My shrimp tank isn't a snail factory! Well, clearly it is but not intentionally.

I feel like that muck is their poo...not sure that they do anything with that.

julzhull

This doesn't look like a baby any longer but it was a short time ago. I guess it's brown? Doesn't look like a regular wild one to me. I'm not hating the color.

Not the best photo but it's the best I can get right now. It's hard to photograph since it blends with the muck I need to clean this weekend.
image.jpeg

julzhull

I should be getting another ElevateShrimp order today. Bought some more food and a powder food feeder (should be interesting to try. I also bought a sponge filter bio-film reactor attachment.

Right now I have two small sponge filters on this tank. I'm thinking that I might remove one of them entirely and add this reactor attachment to the other one and it will be behind a plant so mostly hidden.

I also have a large clump of pilo moss that I want to take out and put onto some moss ledges and move the remainder to another tank. Although the shrimp love the big clump that's in there, it's kind of unsightly.

Betty

Staff member
I found the video. I might have to try something like that. When I used to feed Hikari powdered food, I could wet a toothpick and dip it into the food and then swish the toothpick around in the tank and it would fall to the bottom, but that doesn't work with the nls powdered food which floats. The only way I can get it down is to premix in water or to take a pinch of it in my fingers and wet it in the tank and release, which is a pain.

I'll be looking for your video. :thumbsup

17mars

Please post what colour the saddle is when the browns get big. About half of my browns have yellowy brown saddles and half have green. The green saddled ones are very pretty. I was going to remove all the wilds to a different tank but changed my mind for now. I kind of like them and some have a blue tint left from their mother.