Tiny Stick-On Air Pump

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I bought this for the shrimp tank. The tank is next to a microwave in the dining room in an awkward spot where there's not a lot of room (none) for a vibrating air pump to be hopping around. I'm delighted to not have the old one sitting on top of the microwave anymore.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0158FDIEQ/?tag=wafishbox-20

It came with a round airstone that I'm not currently using. I hooked it up to a sponge filter that previously had a way way way too powerful airpump on it. So far, so good. I love the "no footprint" and the bubbles are perfect.

upload_2017-2-21_12-50-48.png

julzhull

I bought this for the shrimp tank. The tank is next to a microwave in the dining room in an awkward spot where there's not a lot of room (none) for a vibrating air pump to be hopping around. I'm delighted to not have the old one sitting on top of the microwave anymore.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0158FDIEQ/?tag=wafishbox-20

It came with a round airstone that I'm not currently using. I hooked it up to a sponge filter that previously had a way way way too powerful airpump on it. So far, so good. I love the "no footprint" and the bubbles are perfect.

View attachment 3670
Just ordered one of these to run a sponge filter in my 7g. I think I'm going to set it up to run in our bedroom for my betta. He's been in a hospital tank and I don't want to put him back in my bowfront nano because he'll never let my shrimp dreams live.

Mike16T

How is the pressure though? I was checking this out before and when I was reading some reviews, all complains are not enough power.

Maybe for a nano tank 10 gallons max is ok... How do you guys rate this?

julzhull

How is the pressure though? I was checking this out before and when I was reading some reviews, all complains are not enough power.

@VickiK should have some opinion on that now. I think it's good enough for my little 7gal with one betta and nerite snail. We'll see.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Just ordered one of these to run a sponge filter in my 7g. I think I'm going to set it up to run in our bedroom for my betta. He's been in a hospital tank and I don't want to put him back in my bowfront nano because he'll never let my shrimp dreams live.

YAY TO SHRIMP DREAMS!!!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say

It's working great. I got the small one for a 12G and it's running the sponge filter just fine. I'm impressed. Works, great, good price and SMALL FOOTPRINT!

julzhull

So, I really loved that it was so quite and it seemed to work just as well as my noisier ones. Only problem was the bubbles coming up and breaking at the surface were too noisy for a bedroom tank. So, I put on my small HOB and that will work much better. I'll keep this one and use elsewhere though.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
So, I really loved that it was so quite and it seemed to work just as well as my noisier ones. Only problem was the bubbles coming up and breaking at the surface were too noisy for a bedroom tank. So, I put on my small HOB and that will work much better. I'll keep this one and use elsewhere though.

You need to be deaf in one ear just like me - then all you have to do is roll over. lol

When my water level gets down in the 20L in the bedroom, the HOB makes quite a stir.....I totally get it.

In my 55G, I did an "LR BRETZ" thing and put a deli lid on the top of my bubble stream. That works great too.