SHOW OFF YOUR TANK!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Save your money and only buy one plant. They grow so fast that with clippings you will have your tank filled in a few months. It was one of the first plants I bought when I got back in the hobby last Spring and I now have around 50 scattered among my tanks and traded in probably over 100 to my LFS for store credit.

Octopus plant = same. I got it coming out of my ears over here....lol

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
This is my pride and joy 22g reef tank. Rimless, with an all in one compartment for filtration. All I run is biological and carbon. No skimmers, no algae scrubbers, no ato.
urQLow9.jpg

Stunning!!!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
[GALLERY=media, 157]14g biocube floating reef by Keefe posted Jan 16, 2017 at 7:28 PM[/GALLERY]

Beginning of my 14g biocube floating reef aquarium :D

And we get to watch? Awesome. I've never heard of a floating reef before but I sure want to see one get built!

VElderton

TanganyikanCommunity.jpg

Tanganyikan Community - 190 L Fluval Venezia
  • 10 - Tropheus moorii "Bemba"
  • 1 - Tropheus moorii "Chilanga"
  • 3 - Tropheus duboisi
  • 6 - Neolamprolgus tretocephalus
  • 1 - Neolamprologus leleupi
  • 8 - Synodontis petricola

Last edited:

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
I bought this Aqueon 125 Ensemble last November, as discussed in a previous post, here-

http://www.wafishbox.com/forums/threads/aqueon-125-aquarium-ensemble.13636/

I set this up in my TV room, because there was no more space in my fish room; and it has been up-and-running now for about 3 months. It is a Tanganyika sandy-bottom biotope tank, planted with Jungle Val and containing the following fishes-

12 Xenotilapia (Enantiopus) sp. 'Kilesa'
3 Xenotilapia singularis
12-14 Opthalmotilapia nasuta 'Magara' Green Tiger

IMGP5823.JPG

IMGP5822.JPG

I liked this tank so much that I decided to sell a 55 setup from my fishroom, here-

http://www.wafishbox.com/forums/threads/like-new-55-gallon-setup-complete-poulsbo-pu.13731/

-to make room for another 125 ensemble, which I bought last week-

IMGP5794.JPG

I'm probably going to do more Tanganyikan featherfins/sand sifters in this tank as well; because I'm hooked! At night, with the actinic lights on, the Xenotilapia and Opthalmotilapia school together just below the water's surface, as if hunting for fallen insects. I've never seen anything like that, and it is just incredibly cool. :):):)

VElderton

Here are two Fluval Venezia tanks I have. The focus of both is Lake Tanganyika.

Fluval Venezia 190 L

Fluval Venezia 350 L

Updated with video on each tank.

Last edited:

VElderton

Here's something different from my previous posts. My mom started me in this hobby when I was about 4 years old. I'm in my 60s and she's in her mid-80s now! A couple years ago she asked if I could set-up a tank for her. The tank has had some surprising results!

For 2 years I have been maintaining mom’s tank.The tank is healthy and fish continue to spawn. The filtration in combination with weekly servicing allows for significant OVER stocking - fish doing what comes naturally.

Tank: 30 G Bowfront

Filtration:
• 2 - Penguin 200 HOB with pre-sponges
• Eheim 2215
• Large Bio-sponge filter
• Plenum

Aeration:
• Bubble wand

Fish:
• Albino BN Plecos
• Platies
• Siamese Algae eaters